PDA

View Full Version : Corperate air charter karratha base

defuel
4th Feb 2014, 10:57
G day ladies and gents ,
Anyone heard anything back from the company regarding employment . They put an ad up in dec and havnt heard anything back yet. I rang a few times and spoke to a nice gentlemen, but the only info I got was that they are still looking into applications . Curious if anyone has heard anything back .

Regards
Defuel

leans404
4th Feb 2014, 21:57
Spare yourself….. you don't want to work for these guys

BNEA320
4th Feb 2014, 23:13
why do u say that ?

C.A.L.I.S.P.A
5th Feb 2014, 09:36
de fuel

I applied for the same job as well, I am also endorsed on the C500/550/560
and have not had any further notice so we are in the same boat.:ugh:

ivan ellerbai
5th Feb 2014, 10:45
"Corperate Air"

I'd get the name right if I was thinking of applying.

And, I'd learn to spell/use grammar correctly - CV's with that poor standard as per your post get the short shrift in my organisation.

YPJT
5th Feb 2014, 12:28
And, I'd learn to spell/use grammar correctly - CV's with that poor standard as per your post get the short shrift in my organisation.

Word of advice sport. If you are going to preach your holier than thou company policies you might like to make sure you are not indeed guilty of that which you criticise others of. To put it simpler, don't be such a hypocritical tw@t.

defuel
5th Feb 2014, 13:24
Ivan, reading your previous posts I realise that you, sir, are a keyboard warrior! :ok:

ivan ellerbai
5th Feb 2014, 22:14
YPJT - I think you'll find "CV" is an acceptable abbreviation found in any reputable dictionary.

You're partially right though, it should read "CVs" if I was referring to the plural case and "CV's" if I was referring to the possessive case.

A possible mistake, yes. Hypocritical, no.

Thanks, Defuel, but compliments aren't necessary.

Captain Dart
5th Feb 2014, 23:32
CV's is actually correct, as the apostrophe replaces the letters after the abbreviation 'V', then the 's' to denote the plural. It's not the classic 'grocer's apostrophe' in this case.

Spelling the name of one's prospective employer correctly can be an advantage. Also, if I received a job application of the standard of the opening post on this thread, it would go straight into the 'round file'.

But then again, your PPRuNe post is only read by hundreds or thousands of people, and maybe your punctuation and grammar doesn't matter.

Capn Bloggs
6th Feb 2014, 04:00
CV's is actually correct, as the apostrophe replaces the letters after the abbreviation 'V', then the 's' to denote the plural.
Wouldn't it therefore be C'V's?

No apostrophes at all required in this case. :ok:

ANCPER
6th Feb 2014, 04:04
It would appear know it alls should be careful!

According to this site, it's CVs not CV's

Is it correct to use CVs or CV's for abbreviating Curricula vitae (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_correct_to_use_CVs_or_CV%27s_for_abbreviating_Curricul a_vitae?#slide=2)

Capt Dart, did he apply to you? No! I'm sure he knows what you can do with your 'round file'. :=

Captain Dart
6th Feb 2014, 04:32
Abbreviations - Forming the Plurals of Abbreviations (http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/abbreviations_forming_plurals.htm)

Capn Bloggs
6th Feb 2014, 04:44
However, although not common practice, it is acceptable to use 's if it is deemed to assist the reader.

Waddya saying, Dart, we're all morons who don't have a handle on the English language? :} :)

Captain Dart
6th Feb 2014, 04:53
Let's call it a draw. Ivan was technically correct, although he and I are a little 'old school', and it certainly wasn't:

How the Grocer?s Apostrophe led to generations of confused writers - Juliet Fay Copy Writer (http://www.onlinesalesmessages.com/grocers-apostrophe-led-generations-confused-writers/)

I wish 'defuel' the best of luck with his application.

ivan ellerbai
6th Feb 2014, 09:01
"Let's call it a draw."

Notwithstanding the possibly incorrect use of an apostrophe: 'sa deal

The whole point was an emphasis on slipping standards for which I got castigated rather than some recognising the real problem.

As I read in the newspaper this morning "congratulations for the self awareness that allows you to unapologetically embrace your bigotry".
If the shoe fits, wear it. Those to whom it applies will recognise themselves.

Oh, and "word of advice sport" is, correctly, "word of advice, sport".

Let us see what you can make of that, sport?

Adsie
6th Feb 2014, 09:06
Really?

A fella asks what Corporate Air are up to in West Australia and it ends up in a spelling and grammar argument

How about answer the original question - it appears no-one knows what is happening and decides to take the piss out of a spelling mistake

Pathetic

dodo whirlygig
6th Feb 2014, 09:18
Really, a spelling mistake? You're joking, aren't you? Corrections in red:

Corporate Air Charter, Karratha base.

G'day ladies and gents ,
Anyone heard anything back from the company regarding employment?
They put an ad up in Dec. and I haven't heard anything back yet. I rang a few times and spoke to a nice gentlemen, but the only info I got was that they are still looking into applications . Curious if anyone has heard anything back .

Regards,
Defuel.

I'm with those whom forlornly aspire to a decent standard. Seems like I'm p!ss!ing into the wind gauging some of the replies.

ANCPER
6th Feb 2014, 10:03
Hey Dodo,

What sort of Whirlygig/Whirligig are you? Hope it isn't one of those spinning thingys. :{

Aspire as much as you like, but you didn't start the thread so don't hijack it, start you're own bloody thread instead of jumping on threads where the spelling/grammar annoy your sensibilities.

Capt dart,

Can't own up to your own mistakes, hey! It's not correct grammar. :eek:

tail wheel
6th Feb 2014, 10:13
Someone asks a legitimate question and we finish with a bloody English lesson........ :mad:

I must be a masochist to put up with this cr*p every day!

Defuel, in answer to your original question - obviously no!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Closed.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Woomera/media/Closed.gif.html)