That must be a dummy car???
Being that it is flown only with a single over water...:eek:

TRC
3rd Feb 2014, 11:17
Being that it is flown only with a single over water

Why not? It's aerial work.........

Hughes500
3rd Feb 2014, 12:17
wonder how often the load release circuit and emergency system was checked :eek:

TRC
3rd Feb 2014, 12:51
wonder how often the load release circuit and emergency system was checked

Once, before flight I should think.
Is it me or am I missing something here? It's only a car.....

The insurance premium was probably the only thing that raised an eyebrow for this lift.

Hughes500
3rd Feb 2014, 12:55
probably one of the more expensive things lifted !

RVDT
3rd Feb 2014, 13:01
Ain't much new under the sun................

There are any number of outfits that can supply "replica" show cars if needed.

Ferrari did this in BCN last year as well?

Question is - real car or edited?

IMreV59Kq48

ReverseFlight
3rd Feb 2014, 13:12
When I saw it was the PHS Squirrel in the vid, a big smile came over my face.

In the old days they didn't have their own Squirrel ... until Ron spotted me flying someone else's. He then decided to have one of his own, the one in the vid. :ok:

Alloa Akbar
3rd Feb 2014, 13:14
Its the 2013 car anyway..

Linedog
3rd Feb 2014, 15:07
It's probably the fastest that it will go this year. :ok:

SilsoeSid
3rd Feb 2014, 16:22
With the future of the Australian Grand Prix up in the air after next year, it seemed appropriate that the launch of this year's race featured a formula one racing car dangling in the wind.

Hanging out for 'value' in formula one grand prix deal (http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motorsport/hanging-out-for-value-in-formula-one-grand-prix-deal-20140203-31x56.html)

John Eacott
3rd Feb 2014, 21:33
Well done Brett and PHS for the publicity and exposure this created in the local media :ok:

Of course it was done before back in 2005: into the Melbourne Tennis Centre, which required a twin ;)

(no shots of the actual lift, only some practice stuff back at Essendon)

http://www.eacott.com.au/gallery/d/5492-2/GP+car+lift+2.jpg

http://www.eacott.com.au/gallery/d/5498-2/GP+car+lift+4.JPG

Pappa Smurf
3rd Feb 2014, 23:11
That red bull car probably the same one from the "top Gear" day at Eastern creek not long ago.
With clips of different F1 cars on ice,on dirt,promotional drives in cities etc,i don't think they will be on next months racing programs.

Longdog
3rd Feb 2014, 23:31
Our underslung loads are typically insured for 0.01/lb, some how I think this one might beat that!:eek:

John Eacott
4th Feb 2014, 00:53
Our underslung loads are typically insured for 0.01/lb, some how I think this one might beat that!:eek:

Be careful of underslung load values.

In a dim and distant past, an Alouette II developed a problem on an offshore platform in Nigeria and was slung ashore by a Puma. When the Alouette was formating on the Puma as the swing developed it was jettisoned and the only surviving part before the float bags allowed the machine to sink was the data plate, valiantly recovered by the guys in the work boat.

Fast forward to the insurance chappie fronting up at the office to finalise the claim for replacement cost of the Alouette.

Unserviceable aircraft. Tick
Sling ashore for repair. Tick
How much did it weigh? 1,000kg? Tick
Here's a cheque for $US5,000. Tick

WTF? Slung load, sunshine, at $US5 per kilo :hmm:

Sorry, getting off topic but a pertinent point with high value loads!

cattletruck
4th Feb 2014, 05:24
It's a BA (I've flown her too :)) therefore the wing of the F1 car probably had to repositioned for less down force :}.

G-CPTN
4th Feb 2014, 10:45
Red Bull car is certainly not a 2014 version - therefore obsolete and virtually worthless (not strictly true as there is always someone who will buy ex-F1 cars - but not of value as an F1 car for 2014).
Red Bull ran an engine to failure in the pit garage after the last race as it was no longer of any 'value'.

RVDT
4th Feb 2014, 11:44
Apparently.....................

But the car hauled by the helicopter is a replica of the Red Bull Ricciardo will race for the first time this year.

According to the Herald Sun (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/formula-one-flies-into-town-as-copter-winches-ricciardos-car/story-fni0fiyv-1226809546551)

Probably a lot lighter than a "real" one.

bloggs@large
5th Feb 2014, 07:02
Seems there are lots of Red Bull sling load videos. For one with a different ending, google up (or other search engine) 'making the seven star spin'.