PDA

View Full Version : Jetbed mattresses for G450/550

G-V
2nd Feb 2014, 07:35
Hello everyone.

I would appreciate any feedback on Jetbed mattresses for the normal club seating and for the conference table for G450/G550.

I am particularly interested in any feedback on this new style mattress with inflatable base for a normal club seats.

Is it a good product? How comfy are they? Are there any alternatives?

Thanks

FlyMD
2nd Feb 2014, 07:46
The mattresses are comfortable, provided they are used together with the mattress protectors and linen provided.

However, 2 reasons why they are not being used by most operators, and end up decorating store rooms:

- they are not really easy to stow without using the electric vacuum pump, and a lot of FA's think they are a pain to install/use/stow

- they will, when stowed, end up using a big chunk of your baggage hold.

I'm pretty sure that since delivery of our 550, I'm the only one who has inflated and used those mattresses (in the hangar in Long Beach). Since then they have, together with the inflatable conference table mattress, wandered to the storage room.

What we do carry is a gel mattress topper for the slide-out sofas in the back, which improves the comfort of those beds no end.

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Feb 2014, 07:56
IF you do a lot overnight trips, with 4 family or associated persons, then they have a use.

But do take up a lot of the 550 baggage bay, and all of the baggage on 450 bay when Sat TV box fitted.

So as mentioned they end up living in the store room.

Only if you do a lot of NIGHT OUT and NIGHT BACK, and prep the aircraft and passengers accordingly. Then they have benefits.

Glf

zoyrax
2nd Feb 2014, 23:19
we have one on our G450 however we have never used it.

travelin12
4th Feb 2014, 08:18
The JetBed for us on our GIV and GV were great. Typically, we had 4-5 pax on our overnight flights and were great. We set 2 up on the forward clubs and 1 on the dinette. Storage the first flight was a hassle as a couple previous posters mentioned. We bought 4 bedding vacuum bags from a retail store and after use, used the JetBed pump to deflate and it was remarkable how much volume you can reduce by using the vacuum bags. Also, Dalgren Duck in Dallas makes custom bedding for the JedBeds which our principals really liked. I've watched the progress of JetBed since its inception and I can tell you that their quality control and customer service is great. Highly recommend!!!!