PDA

View Full Version : Peninsula aero club

Munz
1st Feb 2014, 08:56
G'day,

Can anyone provide me with information about the PAC at Tyabb? Considering doing an IR renewal there in the travelair and doing an instructor rating soon after. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

VH-XXX
1st Feb 2014, 10:11
They get the XXX tick of approval for what you are looking for. Have also never heard a bad word about them. I don't know all of the instructors but the four that I know are a good bunch.

Old Akro
1st Feb 2014, 22:09
I'm not sure many of the instructors can do multi endorsements, but if you are considering an instructor rating, then you need to meet the CFI Peter Phillips.

The Travelair is a pretty good aeroplane for the endorsement. Allan Scwarze (at Tyabb) owns about half the Australian fleet. Some of them show their age, but I have confidence in the maintenance. Its also a pretty aeroplane to build twin time.

Off the top of my head, the only other choices are MFS or Bini at Moorabbin or Bacchus Marsh.

Its a nice day, go to Tyabb and see who you can meet.

quagmire
3rd Feb 2014, 05:00
I'm with Akro - I'd say if you can find the right instructor definitely go for it.
The outfit is friendly and professional but they have sometimes struggled for a wealth of M/E instructors in the past - talk to the CFI.
Also the Travelair is a great initial trainer, scarcely a bad bone in their body - allows you to focus on the important stuff. They're a joy to fly and a much better sticker (Travelair/Baron) to have than Dutchy or Seminole endorsements. The latter endorsements you'll scarcely need to use after getting signed off.
Have fun!

PS: I'm not sure if Sandy's still doing some casual instructing out there but grab him if he is! Lovely guy, excellent instructor.

iPahlot
3rd Feb 2014, 18:50
Great bunch of guys and girls working there with a mix of experience amongst them. Peter only works two days a week (weekdays) so it can be hard to get hold of him for training, great bloke though :ok:

Only one of their instructors (other than Peter) has his multi training approval at the moment as far as I know.

nitpicker330
4th Feb 2014, 02:15
Dropped in today. Only $5 landing fee and free coffee included by their friendly receptionist..:ok:

Nice club upstairs and a great view from their wide balcony.

Peninsula Air Show coming on March 9th. Expecting a good turn up.

2014 Tyabb Air Show-Home (http://www.tyabbairshow.com)

Jack Ranga
4th Feb 2014, 02:58
How'd you get an A330 in there? You scoping it out for South West Airlines?