PDA

View Full Version : The "Wave"

BLOGGSON
30th Jan 2014, 06:58
Just read a lovely new email from AS about the uniform and the "Waves". Opened the attachment about them and scrolled quickly through to see what impact it might have on me. It looked, at first glance, as if they have consulted just about everyone on the planet except HM Queen and His Eminence the Pope, on how I can be hung out to dry if the aircraft should be unfortunate enough to depart late. I may be paranoid, but they seem to have taken to the next level, if that was really possible, the hitler youth type of tell-tale reporting and shopping of colleagues to enforce this nonsense. Fools.

ManaAdaSystem
30th Jan 2014, 07:06
PQ sent me a mail, but GS did not say anything, so what should I do? What does FV mean about this, after all it should be in the JK manual, should it not?

donpizmeov
30th Jan 2014, 07:34
Poor little Mana feeling all left out again. Seems to be the story of your life. A bit awkward really.

The Don

ManaAdaSystem
30th Jan 2014, 07:45
Yep, my life is really sad and empty.

I would not be surprised if Emirates went the same was as Union Airways and did a bit of house cleaning.
Then again, they get the pilots they select, so maybe whining is part of the selection process?
There are other airlines in ME, and The Wave is found in Muscat.

BYMONEK
30th Jan 2014, 08:30
BLOGGSON

"I may be paranoid, but...."

Yep, that's what you call hitting the nail right on the head! :ok:

Oldaircrew
30th Jan 2014, 12:45
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you!

Outatowner
30th Jan 2014, 15:39
What can you do to help the wave? Nothing. Best to let it just wash over you. Funny, all this writing and planning when nothing had changed for those doing the driving.

Plazbot
30th Jan 2014, 19:13
OMDB departures beyond dispatch delays are far beyond DB and UAE delays. We want you all to go now and go away soon. I think your troubles fall well outside the Country. I assume your Management are rolling up the flow restrictions and why they exist and what those ANSPs require to meet the demand of the Juggernaught?

lospilotos
31st Jan 2014, 05:36
Only a delay report via ACARS "after doors closed." Where are the delay codes for late auto boarding commencement, late cutoff to boarding, late cargo and bag loading etc.

I believe the code for that is "MXZ"....

BigGeordie
31st Jan 2014, 08:36
I think 9th floor must be new. I used to be keen and enthusiastic about this stuff, just like him/her. Then I realized that the company doesn't really care about me or my opinions so now I read all these messages from on high with a wry smile. As our on time performance gets steadily worse due to factors completely beyond our control there will be a lot more of them as managers try to protect their bonuses.

Turn up. Do the job safely and to the best of your ability. Go home.

theidler
31st Jan 2014, 09:32
Really? I thought 9th floors post was a pretty good summary of some the nonsense that comes from his namesake.

All of the power, none of the responsibility and no accountability.

BigGeordie
31st Jan 2014, 12:37
Now that post I agree with!:)

helen-damnation
2nd Feb 2014, 02:52
There's nothing for you to write about before the doors are closed because you're not responsible for anything until then. The ground staff sort the pax, the dispatcher sorts the loading and you sort the flight deck.

If the doors are closed late, not your problem!

Having said that, there's always the CSR if you wish to burst in to print :ok:

White Knight
2nd Feb 2014, 12:42
100% agree with you HD. Not our problem....... And a CSR gives me writers cramp!!!