PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream 280

francoma
28th Jan 2014, 10:52
Good morning to everyone,

I was talking with the owner few days ago and he would like to change the actual airplane (hs800). He's looking to the Gulfstream 280. Any advice about this airplane? Is there any crew here flying this airplane?

Tanks so much!
frank

Astra driver
28th Jan 2014, 19:17
Frank,

Not sure if any G280's have been delivered yet. I looked at the numbers for that plane and have to say I was quite impressed and would add that the last few new Gulfstream models that have come to market, (G150, G550, G650) typically exceed their predicted performance numbers. I can also tell you that Gulfstream's support is first rate, albeit not cheap.

LGW Vulture
28th Jan 2014, 19:24
Gulfstream have delivered 45 aircraft so far. One of my Customers has a couple and are well happy thus far.

francoma
28th Jan 2014, 19:28
Hi guy! thanks for the reply

the airplane do what the charts says? the performance are very attractive and also the cabin dimension...any comments on that?
Is this a reliable airplane?

thanks
Frank

gbruton
29th Jan 2014, 04:21
I know someone who switched from a Hawker 800 to a 2008 G200 and they are very happy with the outcome across the board. 800 would have to stop for fuel to go from San Diego to New York. Not to mention the much larger cabin area and luggage space.

500 above
29th Jan 2014, 05:31
Gulfstream models that have come to market, (G150, G550, G650) typically exceed their predicted performance

The G280 has also exceeded predicted performance figures. It has a very quiet cabin (akin to a G550) with an excellent baggage hold accessible in flight, autothrust/autobrakes, HUD/EVS option etc. A good all rounder.

The completions facility in Dallas is impressive. The interiors are very well finished.

The aircraft is nothing like a G200, new wing (hot l/e) new tail, new engines, new avionics, more range, uses less runway, better interior etc.

francoma
29th Jan 2014, 17:13
All nice impression on this airplane, very good!
About the airconditioning...is single or double pack equipped?

Thanks
frank

zoyrax
1st Feb 2014, 21:48
it have single pack, however its improved to provide better refrigeration performance. Additionally APU now approved as an essential equipment and certified for unattended ops and can be used up to 20K feet for pressurization / air conditioning.