PDA

View Full Version : Oregon aero seat cushions

vaqueroaero
27th Jan 2014, 16:08
I've been looking around for a way to make the seat in our 206 ag ship more comfortable, short of doing a total seat makeover. Oregon Aero sells either a single seat cushion or a seat cushion and back combined. It would appear that they are "proud" of their products regarding price! (Considering that it looks like just a piece of foam)

So before investing can anyone testify that their products are worth the money?

rick1128
27th Jan 2014, 16:34
I got one last year at HeliExpo. At the time I was flying a Metroliner and my back would be hurting by the end of the duty day. After I got it my back never hurt again. Best in vestment I made all year. I got the 1 inch cushion. If I did it again I would get the 1 1/2 inch cushion. Plus I would prefer to get it in a bright color. I have gotten Oregon Aero products before. I did their upgrade to a SPH-4 helmet. Great quality and worth every penny. They are a quality manufacturer and there is good value for money in their products.

EN48
27th Jan 2014, 16:49
Had Oregon Aero cushions installed (in place of factory seat cushions, more in the total seat makeover category) as part of the completion of a new B407. Turned out to be back breakers. Not sure it was entirely the OA cushions but I can tell you that the stock seats in other B407's I flew were not nearly as uncomfortable. Will likely depend a great deal on pilot physical characteristics like height, weight etc.

fly911
28th Jan 2014, 09:48
I fly with the Oregon Aero 206 pilot seat and seat back. Well worth the money.