PDA

View Full Version : Gold Medal for Tailwheel

Grogmonster
26th Jan 2014, 22:42
Tailwheel,

I participate in this forum with great care and I often don't comment because I don't want to get mixed up in the childish BS that we see here too often that results in you having to lock threads.

I do want to say though that your comment in the AF thread (http://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/532552-metro-overrun-ybaf-2.html) about looking forward to the school holidays finishing is one of the greatest one liners I have seen in recent times. I laughed so hard my wife thought I was choking. It was nearly as funny as the day my cat went into orbit after the IPhone he was sleeping next to beeped loudly with a text notification.

I guess my point is good on you. Get rid of these childish idiots and lets get on with it. Have a good year mate.

Groggy

DeRated
26th Jan 2014, 23:23
I look for the locked threads to always get a belly laugh....... :D

The obvious need to curtail threads is understood, but to cut to the chase with wit and charm, is the supreme act of a bored god.........!

Part of the reason why Dunnunda is the most popular forum on PPrune. :ok:

Capn Bloggs
26th Jan 2014, 23:42
Sour-sob Tailwheel must be a Kiwi because he always removes my sheep posts. :}

Mail-man
27th Jan 2014, 00:37
I agree that metro post was a becoming rediculous. I would, however, have liked to learn more about/from the incident.

troppo
27th Jan 2014, 00:53
Tailwheel must be a Kiwi because he always removes my sheep posts
Mine too...

Wally Mk2
27th Jan 2014, 01:06
There will always be those that make personal attacks on individuals here on a lot of threads but I believe that some Mods are less tolerant than others & have a power trip with it all especially when it comes to the Q word:-)
Power often gets abused from the kid with the biggest bag of Marbles at street level all the way up to the President:-)

Wmk2

Capt Claret
27th Jan 2014, 01:19
but I believe that some Mods are less tolerant than others & have a power trip with it all especially when it comes to the Q word:-)

Nothing wears down tolerance more, than dealing with the same petulant behaviour day after day after day.

I don't agree that [any of] the mods have a power trip, especially about the Q.

Wally Mk2
27th Jan 2014, 01:23
'clary' personal opinion like 99% of all posts in here so relax there you'll give yourself a nose bleed trying to be a pseudo Mod:)

Wmk2

mattyj
27th Jan 2014, 01:58
Tailwheels sympathies lie with the sheep

Howard Hughes
27th Jan 2014, 04:01
Power often gets abused from the kid with the biggest bag of Marbles at street level all the way up to the President
President? We have a President? When did this happen? ;)

DancingDog
27th Jan 2014, 11:10
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e1/e17971fdf096cc12bb0f6064e089477422a631c813c06f26a9dc19f246e4 8085.jpg

Capn Bloggs
27th Jan 2014, 11:25
President? We have a President? When did this happen?
Hasn't Dick told you? ;)

Jack Ranga
27th Jan 2014, 12:31
TW, I'm reporting several abusive posts in the tiger thread :ugh:

Fantome
27th Jan 2014, 16:56
somehow I picture the victim of a bored god wearing a crown of thorns

anyway TW, have to join the cheer squad. All but a legend in your own lunchbox.

(groggy . . .. . . you're not the Boonah one, RU?)

tail wheel
27th Jan 2014, 20:45
Well, thank you!! :ok: Mostly the Mods only get abused!!

I have been a member of PPRuNe since the first 100 users and a Mod as long as I can remember. I think I've seen it all.......

No, I have no Kiwi connections, born and bred Aussie. I have no connections with any Australian airline and never had any connection with the majors, Qantas, Virgin, TAA or Ansett. Despite numerous accusations of bias etc, I don't recall ever being contacted by any airline, politician, CASA, et al regarding PPRuNe. And even if I were, it would be "water off a duck's back" and probably ignored - unless the referenced post was libellous, malicious or defamatory. I am anonymous (to most) so how can they contact or influence me? Since I have been out of the aviation industry for a decade and recently retired, how can anyone jeopardise my career? :rolleyes:

Moderating PPRuNe is all the work of the Mod team!! :} :}

Clarey is correct - anyone that had to read every bit of tedious, repetitious and vexatious garbage, in every thread, every day, would soon tire and start deleting posts and threads or thread banning users. There are some excellent, authoritative and informative posts on PPRuNe, our job is to ensure they don't drown in a sea of uninformed garbage. I think we've had some success but it is a daily battle.........

I left the locked Honiara B737 accident thread on view as I suspect most users would agree it had degenerated into worthless diatribe of small d*ck wannabes! :*

We act on every "Report this Post" notification, but you would be surprised at the number of notifications relating to posts that don't break any rules but simply disagree with the reporting user's opinion!! Here everyone is entitled to their own reasonable opinion, without fear or favour.

Threads get closed when they reach their use by date and the repetitious drivel becomes unbearable. Regrettably we have a few users with an inflated ego and opinion of their aeronautical skills, in love with the sound of their own keyboard. :mad:

And remember this is the internet and PPRuNe is a forum for like minded professional aviators to discuss matters of common interest, in a professional manner. It is also a place for the occasional bit of fun, especially at the expense of the Kiwis or Pommy cricket team.

If the internet and PPRuNe take over your life, it is time to recognise your illness and move on.....

Enjoy!! :ok:

Jack Ranga
27th Jan 2014, 20:50
lol :D (10 characters)

If you are real smart, you don't need ten characters, see following post.......

:E

Tail Wheel

tail wheel
27th Jan 2014, 21:05
:ok: ................................

Fantome
27th Jan 2014, 21:36
ahhhh . .. .the calm rational voice of moderation. Rare enough at large.
Here on this small stage one to be cherished.

Manubada
27th Jan 2014, 23:12
Well not ideal for the Pressy, however a Goldie (medal that is, not a 4xxxx) is well earned.

Kudos for a job well done.

Big bird..........

Jack Ranga
28th Jan 2014, 07:30
I'm not real smart, just a little above average :E

How did you do that? Space bar?

haughtney1
28th Jan 2014, 07:38
Regrettably we have a few users with an inflated ego and opinion of their aeronautical skills, in love with the sound of their own keyboard.

Dam it! scuppered again!

I too had a good chuckle at tail wheels closing comment on that thread...reminded me of my dad's words years ago, shortly after my little experiment with gunpowder and house paint resulted in the shed burning down.....

Aye Ess
28th Jan 2014, 07:47
Well,fellow Ppruners....I have MET Tailwheel in person,live and uncensored. I must say I didn't know what he'd be like,but he is a down to earth fella with a good sense of humour and a lot of life experience. He described to me the other moderators who must all have similar characteristics of fairness and patience.

You do good work,Taily....don't ever retire from your pprune job. :ok:

tail wheel
28th Jan 2014, 08:05
You do good work Aye Ess.... don't ever retire from your painting job. :ok:

:}

Cactusjack
29th Jan 2014, 10:14
I should rename myself 'runway', as tailwheel often runs over me, and rightly so most of the time :ok:. I have lost count of the amount of thread bans I have received and the amount of posts I have had removed, but it amounts to lots.
I do feel like its a love/hate relationship from my side, some days I hate him and some days I admire his wit, patience and occasional tanty's! But hey, if I were him, and had to put up with me, I too would occasionally get the ****s, so tailwheel here is a chocolate frog from me :ok:
And I do think tailwheel is more down to earth than Tid-bin-laden.

However, I do often wonder, as a lot of pruners do, what some individuals actually look like? Perhaps I already know what tailwheel looks like, perhaps not. So here are my 'Top 5' identities whom I think may best represent him, based on observations from his posts;

1) Clive Palmer
2) John McCormick
3) Hugh Jackman
4) Willy Mason
5) Howard Stern :E:E:E

I know I know, off to the corner of the room for 10 minutes......

T28D
29th Jan 2014, 10:29
Much closer to Hugh Jackman than Clive Palmer !!!!!!

tail wheel
29th Jan 2014, 22:00
Not Clive Palmer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/PPRuNe/ClivePalmerBob_zps94c47ae0.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Woomera/media/PPRuNe/ClivePalmerBob_zps94c47ae0.jpg.html)

Not The Skull:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/PPRuNe/SkullBob_zps0a23ef78.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Woomera/media/PPRuNe/SkullBob_zps0a23ef78.jpg.html)

Could not act or sing to save my life!

But if you see me on the road or the water, come on over and say Hi! :}

Flying Binghi
29th Jan 2014, 23:59
Pictures, location background..:ooh: Let the forensics begin..:E

Wally Mk2
30th Jan 2014, 00:07
Gee all this attention for a Mod.....someone is bent out there, corruption abounds in here!:E
Judging by the toys & the body someones got lots of $$$$:E:E

Wmk2

Capt Fathom
30th Jan 2014, 00:19
A lover of sandals! Must be a Queenslander :E

Jack Ranga
30th Jan 2014, 00:27
I'll bet my left nut he's a QLD resident. Narrows it down :E

500N
30th Jan 2014, 00:28
Nothing wrong with Sandals :O

Better than "thongs" !

Flying Binghi
30th Jan 2014, 00:35
Look at the t-shirt. Might be one of them bikers..:ooh:

Pinky the pilot
30th Jan 2014, 00:47
Struth Tailwheel! You've 'put a bit on' since your days working with ******* and when your photo was printed in ### #####!:eek:

Yes, I know who he is but I 'aint sayin'!:}

Up-into-the-air
30th Jan 2014, 02:49
AND

Thanks for the support to the ppruners who are working at a good and proper information flow.

UITA

spinex
30th Jan 2014, 02:59
Boat looks as though it's at Couran Cove, which suggests an SEQ base - Sea Rays that size mostly burn petrol and you're not going to want to keep that fed n watered for a long trip!

Hmm and a red Series 11/2 2+2, not too many of those tripping about - unless he's running a disinformation campaign:} we'll track'im down.

tail wheel
30th Jan 2014, 03:32
Judging by the toys & the body someones got lots of $$$$

I wish............ :{

But I like to LIVE!! :ok:

Sea Rays that size mostly burn petrol and you're not going to want to keep that fed n watered for a long trip!

60 litres per hour at economic cruise. Twin 260 HP 5.7 litre V8's. :ok:

...red Series 11/2 2+2,..

'66 Series 1 2+2. :O

Owning a Jag is a fair indication of diminished responsibility and occasional insanity. Owning two Jaguars is just plain dumb and stupid!

The E Type's stable mate:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/XJ40_zps09e1b4f2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Woomera/media/XJ40_zps09e1b4f2.jpg.html)

:}

Jack Ranga
30th Jan 2014, 04:47
60 litres an hour?? Might want to look at running LOP.

Wally Mk2
30th Jan 2014, 05:53
..........hey JR where's Jabba? Lets get him onto this insidious fuel consumption, there's gotta be a few of Jab donks lying around in the back of hangers with low hrs that would power that monster boat, say about a dozen of them & they'd be cheap too!:-):E

Ya gotta be certifiable to own a Jag! I know as having owned the biggest of them all many years ago when I was in another cult world & cut my teeth during my apprenticeship on pommey junk as much as the E is the best looking car ever made that saying said by WC Fields said would apply here...............ahhh women (Jags in this case) are like elephants to me nice to look at but ya wouldn't wanna own one!:E

Wmk2

Tidbinbilla
30th Jan 2014, 07:29
Jags are fine. As with British aeroplanes, just don't get them wet :) lest the ghost of Lucas (the prince of darkness) come along and smite thee.

In normal vehicles, electrons travel at the speed of light.
In British vehicles, they travel at the speed of dark.
In the early 20th century, Lucas invented a vacuum cleaner. It was the only thing they built that didn't suck.

Sorry, Tailwheel. :8

tail wheel
30th Jan 2014, 08:46
Tids, could not agree more!

Joseph Lucas died in Naples in 1903, of typhoid after drinking contaminated water as he was a devout teetotaller and would not drink wine, whilst on a Mediterranean tour with his third wife.

Probably just as well before the world wide owners of Pommy cars lynched him! :*

Having said that, the E Type is total simplicity itself. It has only 3 fuses, the engine is unbreakable and it is totally reliable. Makes one wonder why the 1993 XJ40 has 66 fuses in three fuse boxes and is electrically, a total bizarre nightmare. :{

Neither Jag ever gets wet. I have a Toyota Prado as a daily driver and wet weather car! :}

Jack Ranga
30th Jan 2014, 09:26
Wal-star, I'm catching up with Jabman tomorrow, we'll discuss your lack of respect for single engine aircraft :=

megle2
30th Jan 2014, 09:43
Stick those photos on Jetblast "Where in the World"
Those guys will nut out the locations

spinex
30th Jan 2014, 09:56
'66 Series 1 2+2. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/embarass.gif oops I'll go wash my mouth out with a single malt, the headlights should have been a gentle hint, dunno why but I had it in my head that the 2+2 only came about in the 11/2 series.

Frank Arouet
31st Jan 2014, 01:44
I had written him an email which I had, for want of interest, sent by PM where he moderated near the Maranoa, years ago,
He was flying when I knew him, so I sent the letter to him,
Just "on spec", addressed as follows: "Tailwheel, of The Overflow".

And an answer came directed in a writing unexpected,
(And I think the same was written in a thumbnail dipped in tar)
‘Twas his computer mate who wrote it, and verbatim I will quote it:
"Tailwheel’s gone to Queensland fishin, and we don’t know where he are."

Weheka
31st Jan 2014, 07:58
Wallis and Matilda might do a new version:)

Fantome
31st Jan 2014, 19:38
one word of caution
ere we close -

never call him on the nose
lest by that
we come to blows

. .. . . and a little postscript that popped up into the grey matter at sparrow today -

how many's the posts you've had to bin?

how many the hours patience worn thin?

bringing to mind of course old Gunga Din

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU may talk o' gin an' beer

When you're quartered safe out 'ere,

An' you're sent to penny-fights an' Aldershot it;

But if it comes to slaughter

You will do your work on water,

An' you'll lick the bloomin' boots of 'im that's got it.

Now in Injia's sunny clime,

Where I used to spend my time

A-servin' of 'Er Majesty the Queen,

Of all them black-faced crew

The finest man I knew

Was our regimental bhisti, Gunga Din.

BEACH KING
31st Jan 2014, 19:59
Gold Medal For Tailwheel

Going by the thread title, and the posting date of 26th Jan (Aust Day), I thought the big fella might have picked up an Australia Day Award!
This would not have surprised me in the least, as he has contributed greatly to the community in which he lives and worked.
In retirement, I predict he will scour the classic car magazines and ebay for even more Jag bling, and add a pair of superchargers to those Chev LS1's in his motor boat for even greater fuel burn. ;)
Enjoy your retirement Taily.

tail wheel
31st Jan 2014, 20:28
Thanks Beachie. And thanks again for your help so long ago in the floods!!! :ok:

Not a lot changed in retirement except the salary stopped as I transitioned from an executive employee to an unpaid Company Director! :{

Please all behave today - it is good weather, I am going fishing and cruising and will be back either tonight or tomorrow! :=

Jack Ranga
1st Feb 2014, 01:18
You should have banned Wal before you left, just in case.

Wally Mk2
1st Feb 2014, 21:31
Sheeez JR & here I thought you where my best buddy:{
I hope you & Jabba had a nice chat about the pro's & con's of SE planes, jabba is about my only friend left:E

Wmk2

Fantome
1st Feb 2014, 22:34
if you really out in the cold . .. .. try the sailors' home

go to NO NAMES . . get a good big feed of pasta into ya

feel better in no time

Tailey could even come back in with a big beautiful schnapper. . just for you

(some say they always have a friend in xxxxx but that
is not a line I preach)

Jack Ranga
2nd Feb 2014, 10:31
I am your mate Wal-star. i was anticipating a pre-emptive ban myself. Banned are best bro. if you haven't been banned you don't try hard enough, and not just a pussy thread ban :D

gerry111
2nd Feb 2014, 14:02
This thread really deserves to be awarded a sticky....

What about that, Mods?

Banjo Frank's contribution was simply priceless. I loved it!

And perhaps all of us can become friends, once again via really good Australian humour? :)

Wally Mk2
2nd Feb 2014, 14:03
'''''phew thank JR I had thought there that I had lost my only mate here, well Jabba dabba Doo is also one but he flies SE planes so am gathering as many as I can:E
You've only been banned you say? Gee I was removed by one certain Mod so don't get me started on Mods they are not my fav species so had to re-invent myself hence the 'Mk2':)

Wmk2

Flying Binghi
3rd Feb 2014, 00:44
Obsessed by power, stiff upper lip is key...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bls1KKDwmo

Wally Mk2
3rd Feb 2014, 05:25
I wonder how many Jags they went thru just to complete that one short promo?:)

Didn't see too many Jags in the Bond movies:-)

Wmk2

Jack Ranga
3rd Feb 2014, 05:48
Wal-star, I certainly don't think that any moderator is worth a gold medal :yuk: (that spew is pronounced in Terry Walkace style) I'll leave the gold medal awards to those who like to lick certain orrifices ;)

I like to maintain a very healthy disrespect for authority :E when authority prove themselves beyond reproach (unlike the Bendigo filth) maybe then we can think about a bronze medal perhaps?