PDA

View Full Version : More contract losts and redundancies for Danta at LHR

irish-ramper
25th Jan 2014, 14:57
I can confirm that DNATA at LHR have lost the contract for Singapore, Egypt and Ethiopian which will be moving into the new terminal 2 when it opens. A memo came out yesterday confirming this and the likely hood of more redundancies.

Doom and gloom again at LHR for Dnata....! Is this another tactical persuit of Danta to get rid of ex Aviance/Plain Handling staff???? Or will they sell the ramp off? Alot of talk that might happen! It looks like there only interested in Cargo thats where all the money is being pumped into Whats going on??? :ugh::confused:

Also ASIG at LHR have bought out Air Canada Ramp and taking over there operations from May! Are they taking too big of a bite from the apple????? :confused:

kazzie
25th Jan 2014, 15:43
Who have they lost the contracts to?

There is going to be a lot of shuffling up of handlers / contract this year with T2 opening.. I can see this year being a mass tupe year.

irish-ramper
26th Jan 2014, 10:38
Think ASIG got them, there the next big thing at LHR but it all sounds the same growing to big to soon and cant cope with it then it all goes wrong. I think LHR are trying to put one handler in each handler. T2 ASIG, T3 Dnata, T4 Colbolt. One thing is true there is too many handlers on the ground its very over crowded and everybody is under cutting each other not a good situation. :ugh:

A lot of changes this year is on the cards.

kazzie
26th Jan 2014, 11:22
I know MNZ got Egyptair, Not sure about anything else, But ASIG wouldn't surprise me, ASIG are winning everything left, right and centre right now...

Its going to be a very interesting year.

The96er
26th Jan 2014, 11:46
ASIG are winning everything left, right and centre right now...

Sounds like the usual practice of a new entrant coming in and undercutting everyone else and promising everything to the airlines. The airlines in turn think "Great, cheap handling". But all that really happens is a poor service given to the airlines and an extremely demotivated workforce with ever decreasing working conditions and pay. I've seen this too many times.

jbflier
27th Jan 2014, 12:48
Irish-ramper So Dnata have actually put out a memo stating the loss of contracts and that redundancies are imminent?

Nomad89
27th Jan 2014, 14:42
I know MNZ got Egyptair, Not sure about anything else, But ASIG wouldn't surprise me, ASIG are winning everything left, right and centre right now...

Its going to be a very interesting year.

Kazzie, it is 100% confirmed that Menzies got Egyptair?, the last I heard they were negotating with Asig.

Also, Irish-ramper can you tell us what is written word to word? please on that memo.

irish-ramper
5th Feb 2014, 11:44
Can't put the memo out but it just confirmed the lost of those contracts. Only because there moving to T2. Also the new boss of ASIG used to be HAL management so think that how there getting all the contracts.
And ive seen it all before going to big to soon and giving a bad service. Promises are easy made but keeping them is another thing.

Lets see how ASIG handle everything......???

jbflier
6th Feb 2014, 19:00
Who is the new ASIG boss that left HAL?

irish-ramper
7th Feb 2014, 09:49
I dont know who it is but thats how ASIG are getting contracts and the work in T2.

Also Dnata has lost Jet Airways in T4 as from 1st May. Confirmed

cjhants
7th Feb 2014, 13:02
Jet to Servisair?

Nomad89
7th Feb 2014, 23:02
At this rate they are losing everything, I wonder who's next.

irish-ramper
8th Feb 2014, 16:11
well as they say it has to get bad before it gets better.

Good news will come soon... Keep checking in more to follow...

irish-ramper
11th Feb 2014, 19:21
Sorry but no good news but More bad news was confirmed today for Dnata at LHR with the lost of Qantas from May 11th. Menzies will take it over from then. It just gets worse and worse....... Looks like they dont have a glue what or how to controll this downward path. At this rate they'll be gone by Christmas. The next contract up is Virgin. That will be decided next month..... Looks like that will be going next thats for sure.

Seems these handlers are under cutting just to get the business!!!!! :=:=:=

All i can say to Qantas is good luck with Menzies.....

Jet Airways has gone to Cobolt in T4

Nomad89
11th Feb 2014, 20:07
Who are virgin handled by? Or has Dnata gained it? What contracts are dnata left with?

jbflier
11th Feb 2014, 20:19
Something must of happened over the past few months to cause this sudden loss of so many prestigious contracts.

Is it the management? is staff morale really low or just that other handling agents are so cheap?

kumardnata
11th Feb 2014, 20:28
Hi Dnata seems looking lots of contracts due to bad management, but still not learn the lesson.

irish-ramper
12th Feb 2014, 20:29
Well they keep telling us that its all to do with price. They are getting under cut by other handling agents. As a former employee off Menzies there service level is not that great. They will always under cut as they don't pay good. Everything is flat rate with no extras.

The 3 Star Alliance airlines Dnata lost are due to moving to T2.

Planing Handling did Virgin but as they were taking over by Dnata. Dnata are handling them at the minute.

When Dnata stop handling these airlines that Dnata have lost they will only have, Emirates, Virgin, Cathy, PIA, Oman, Iran Air, Turkministan.

But i guess you have to look at management as they are allowing this to happen. But there not going to take on a contract just to get work at making a lost. They have a price and thats it.

There is currently 8 airline contracts up for tender across the airport and Dnata are bidding for them all. It could be win some lose some.... who knows

irish-ramper
12th Feb 2014, 20:31
And in T4 they handle Saudi, China Southern, Philippines

figgi_gsm
13th Feb 2014, 12:04
A re you sure VS are handled by Dnata? When we get VS emails (load sheets etc) sent thru they are from a Swissport email.

Habana2118
13th Feb 2014, 12:47
Dnata defo do ramp handling for VS at T3, Swissport do centralised load control from Manchester and Swissport do VS little red customer service from T1 with Dnata again doing little red ramp handling

kazzie
13th Feb 2014, 12:47
Swissport handle handle the ops / dispatch side for Virgin Little red in T1. Dnata handle the ramp.

figgi_gsm
13th Feb 2014, 22:50
Ah that will be why then. Cheers Guys!

kumardnata
15th Feb 2014, 22:30
Another contract lost by Dnata (Qantas going to MNZ)

This seems all well planed to loose all this contract.

So far Dnata have lost: Air India; Jet airways; Etihad; Singapore; Ethiopia; Egypt; Qantas.

Rumours contract will loose: PIA and Virgin Atlantic.

No business can be run with no equipment; Dnata has very bad Equipment and bad Management

Year back everything was fine, making profit but now they just want concentrate C A R G O and get all the staff's with old contract and try to get everyone in PART TIME

irish-ramper
16th Feb 2014, 10:40
I take it you work for Dnata at LHR judging by your name??

Yes but there plan is to get rid of people that are on higher contracts. Get the staff on Dnata contract and start again.

As for Virgin and PIA thats just rumour. There's alot of doom and gloom there at the minute. Alot of people want to leave but wont as they know there is nothing better out there that pays what they get. If you dont like it get out and move on. Tippical English always moaning and not liking the change. I don't think it was good a year ago its still the same staff and equipment...

The equipment is old and bad and so is the management. They have a game plan and i think all will be revealed in the next few weeks on whats going to happened....! Don't think they'll leave the ramp they'll always have EK and there upping the flights to 7 a day soon. Thats the 2 slots from Qantas as there pulling out of LHR soon.

Lets wiat and see whats going to happen in the weeks ahead.

Nomad89
16th Feb 2014, 13:04
Irish I heard EK were gonna increase their flights this year but is Qantas giving them their slots ? and is Qantas definitely pulling out of LHR?

jbflier
28th Feb 2014, 06:41
Any more news on DNATA? Have they lost/gained anything recently?

British Grenadier
7th Mar 2014, 09:24
300 staff to go , across ALL depts , ramp, ops , check in , etc , .....Staff asking about the VS contract , management reply , VS is still our customer Airline !!!

Nomad89
7th Mar 2014, 18:30
is this confirmed? What have Dnata said officially and does it include TUPE?

jbflier
20th Mar 2014, 14:05
Spoke to my colleague at Heathrow and she said there is rumour of a big contract just been signed by DNATA? Anyone down LHR have anymore information?

Blue-Shamrock 89
20th Mar 2014, 15:42
Most likely to be Qatar

Heathrowchap
30th Mar 2014, 10:33
Anymore news/rumours on the big contract about to be signed/already signed!!!

cjhants
30th Mar 2014, 12:03
Qatar from Servisair, so I hear.

T250
30th Mar 2014, 16:09
TAM and ANA

irish-ramper
5th Apr 2014, 20:30
Contracts gains for Dnata confirmed are Qatar, TAM, ANA and US Airways. More to follow ive heard....!

The96er
5th Apr 2014, 20:39
Would US Airways not logically fall into the fold of American Airlines, i.e BA ramp handling in due course ?

cjhants
6th Apr 2014, 09:01
And losing Virgin to Cobalt?

Nomad89
7th Apr 2014, 21:36
does TAM, ANA and US Airways contracts include passenger check in ?

jettiesb4pushies
23rd Apr 2014, 12:58
Well, TAM US AND ANA have their own check-in staff.
Being member of one of those airlines our memo was only describing
ramp handling.

Heathrowchap
2nd May 2014, 10:53
Ive heard a wisper that dnata going for Malaysian Airlines soon!