PDA

View Full Version : Army National Guard aviation restructuring loss of airframes

chopper2004
25th Jan 2014, 10:13
https://medium.com/war-is-boring/cd482ee4bf70

Not just the retirement of the 58 and the Ah-64 back into active duty possibly for the scout role but also the Lakotas.

Makes interesting reading

racedo
25th Jan 2014, 11:46
Can't see it being other than a bun fight.

Senators and Govenors will fight to protect their home state Air NG with end result will cost more than anything it will save.

Lonewolf_50
27th Jan 2014, 19:38
OK, I'll do the sums.

100 blackhawks across fifty states yields 2 aircraft per state.

Who are we kidding? Or does this mean that each state's ANG gets a plus up of two blackhawks each, only has to manage the logistics of on versus three helicopters, and so the numbers actually make some sense?

PS:

If a given state's governor wants to have armed helicopters, Sikorsky Aircraft has provided an ample variety of armament options and packages to a variety of FMS customers. I am sure they'll be happy to sell the kits to any ANG brigade/governor who is willing to pay for the kits. ;)

GreenKnight121
28th Jan 2014, 05:05
I tend towards the convervative side politically, but I know a fair few people who fall into the "raving right-wing" camp - and I'm waiting for them to start a "Obama is Disarming the National Guard to Prepare for Declaring Martial Law so he can Disarm the American People!!!" rant.
:rolleyes:

Lonewolf_50
28th Jan 2014, 14:16
I think various state Governors will beat the loonie right to the punch.