PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Technologies Halo/Clarity Aloft vs Bose A20

st777
24th Jan 2014, 21:43
Hi All - I'm in the market for a new headset and came across these Quiet Technologies (http://www.quiettechnologies.com) Halo in-ear type headsets. They seem to have rave reviews on many of the US pilot websites.

Has anyone here used them before in a PA28/C172? Would love to hear from anyone who has compared them to an ANR headset such as the Bose A20?

Cheers

Altimeters
24th Jan 2014, 22:05
I have the clarity aloft and could not be happier! They're very robust and depending on the amount of sectors you do per day will determine how often you change the ear pieces.

If you're in a turboprop or smaller they're great in summer because you don't have that sweat around the ears as with a conventional headset. They're lightweight and I found the noise cancelling better than the Bose.

But that's the clarity aloft. I did read the halo headset is quite fragile? Its been a while since I've bought a headset, but they might have toughened them up since.

Good luck! :ok:

Howard Hughes
24th Jan 2014, 22:15
I cant comment on your comparison of the two, but you won't beat Bose for after sales service! :ok:

drpixie
24th Jan 2014, 23:27
I can't personally comment on the Halo headset - though a friend is very happy with his - but have you considered the DC Pro X?

Looking for a replacement headset recently, I got mine a few months ago and have been pretty happy with it. To my ear, the noise cancellation seems slightly better than Bose A20s etc, and they are very light and comfortable.

I suggest you order direct from the DC website, or similar. Local "dealers" were asking "I'm not exactly sure but about 1200" :ugh: - the US price is around 640 + delivery, which was quite prompt.

I did have one problem with it - the microphone started playing up. There is a local (Sydney) dealer for warrantee, but they forwarded it to the US. It came back fine but did it again a couple of days later - not happy :mad: - but it was actually just a loose connection between the (removable) mic insert and the boom - easily fixed by wobbling the connection (which was probably the original issue!)

All in all, I would get another.