PDA

View Full Version : Metro overrun YBAF

TBM-Legend
23rd Jan 2014, 22:47
OGX off the end at AF yesterday in the rain.

MakeItHappenCaptain
23rd Jan 2014, 22:57
Was NOT off the end...:=

megle2
23rd Jan 2014, 23:39
I heard off enough to get bogged
Landed 28 and off LHS just past abeam wind sock

wishiwasupthere
24th Jan 2014, 00:04
Off the side of 28 is better than off the end! It's a big drop off off the end of 28.

MakeItHappenCaptain
24th Jan 2014, 00:28
If it was on 28, then it was off RHS.

Dangly Bits
24th Jan 2014, 03:06
Who is operating it?

megle2
24th Jan 2014, 03:37
Make that RW10

Horatio Leafblower
24th Jan 2014, 04:21
Who is operating it?

Diddle-us, I am told.

GroundScot
24th Jan 2014, 05:59
see the thread on Pacific General Aviation :)

Creampuff
24th Jan 2014, 08:08
And ppruners criticise journalists for reporting crap!

Jeez folks. Maybe saying nothing is the better option. :rolleyes:

Seriously
24th Jan 2014, 08:49
Used to be owned by Complete Aviation from Perth, not sure if it still is?

falconx
24th Jan 2014, 09:00
Leased to FIFO jet?
Unlucky for Stuart

Wally Mk2
24th Jan 2014, 09:16
...ahh come on 'creamy' have you not ever gotten any facts wrong?:-) Maybe there's a lot of budding journos in here:)
Besides what's the point of a thread that has accurate facts straight up, I mean it would be boring to read & so un-Prrune like:E

Wmk2

Fifo Jet
24th Jan 2014, 10:40
Falconx.

Not leased to Fifo Jet. :ugh:

megle2
24th Jan 2014, 20:50
Could it just be assymmetric deceleration and pilot couldn't hold it straight on a wet runway. Don't know anything about Metro's but from what I hear it was only just off to the left of RW

Capt Fathom
24th Jan 2014, 21:04
it ground looped , interesting to see his landing limits on a wet runway with load
anyone with finer details yet as to what happened?Overloaded and underperformed on wet runway

Flyhigh214sm, interesting observations from NZ... if that's where you are!

Where are you going with this. :confused:

TBM-Legend
24th Jan 2014, 21:17
shot a couple of very low bad weather circuits prior to landing. Stressful situation I would imagine...

MakeItHappenCaptain
24th Jan 2014, 22:03
Where are you going with this.

He's doing circuits.:}

That's very dangerous (ie. libel can get expensive) territory you're stepping into.
Suggest you read the sticky about responsibility and anonymity.

NOTICE: You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Recent high-profile defamation events illustrate that there are ways in which third parties can force personal data, including contents of personal messages, to be released by bulletin board owners. Be careful - libelous/defamatory posts can and have landed members in legal hot water. PPRuNe will not guarantee your anonymity in such situations.

Spot on, Creamie.:ok:

Dash8capt
25th Jan 2014, 03:41
If it's true you fly a Commercial Baron out of YBAF, You are one of very few… Be careful not to back yourself into a corner! Unless you were in it don't criticise from the armchair. FIFO Jet is a lessor not an operator so hardly involved.

deadcut
25th Jan 2014, 04:07
Flyhigh214sm Overloaded and underperformed on wet runway

That's quite a statement you got there matey.

Winchester
25th Jan 2014, 04:39
Flyhigh214sm.

You have made a few accusations that are false!
it ground looped It did not.

We have been told VH-OGX landed on a saturated runway at ybaf and has ground looped and skidded off into the grass , anyone with finer details yet as to what happened? We didn’t tell us it ground looped, you did. No such term as a saturated runway. If a runway is wet or even contaminated with standing water it didn’t skid did it wiz kid.

Overloaded and underperformed on wet runway
Again a major assumption, without the facts in hand.

VH-OGX Did a inst approach onto 10L. Pilot obviously got visual, and needed to circle for 10L to remain stable. Standard stuff. see VH-OGX ? 23-Jan-2014 ? YTNG / THG - YBAF ? FlightAware (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHOGX/history/20140123/0530Z/YTNG/YBAF)

Or review of the ATIS transcript the RWY was reported as WET. The investigation may need to look into the possibility of the RWY having been contaminated. Pilots rely on accurate RWY conditions particularly on high performance aircraft. If Archerfiled Airport expect more of the FIFO/Corporate action Id suggest they may need to look into the classifications of RWY conditions and report the accordingly. Its a rare event yes, but entirely possible on that day, it was torrential.

j3pipercub
25th Jan 2014, 05:05
Aaawwwww Brew, I ricken fufteen minits on tha phone and I'd know who ewe were eh. Carnt be too miny Un Zud Berren Drivas there eh.

j3

j3pipercub
25th Jan 2014, 06:20
Wow, how'd you know brew? Goodluck proving your allegations :) Hope the owners of Daedelus don't read the thread.

j3pipercub
25th Jan 2014, 06:37
Wow you are bent out of shape about something with said organisation...

GADRIVR
25th Jan 2014, 06:53
Baron driver......NZ....... Bit loud about another operator on the field.
Too easy to work out!!!
Hahahahah.......
Geez there's some little bitches in this industry!!!!
Where's VH-XXX??? He's always the first to report an incident on this site?!!

The Green Goblin
25th Jan 2014, 08:31
I'll bet a million bucks he had rudder applied when the speeds went to low.

A quick way to put a metro off the side of the strip.

A quick way to smear brown stuff in your panties.

Good times :)

tail wheel
25th Jan 2014, 20:11
The end of the school holidays can't come soon enough! :mad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Closed-1.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Woomera/media/Closed-1.gif.html)