PDA

View Full Version : Low Hours Integrated

jamesleaman
22nd Jan 2014, 17:03
Hi All,

I know that most integrated courses graduate students with lower hours than there modular counterparts, but how low is low?

Egnatia Aviation are offering an Integrated course which includes 197 Hours. However, of them 197, 55 hours are simulator. Does that mean technically I've only got 142 hours upon finishing? That's sounds really low to me, especially when I hear that a lot guys have 250hrs via the modular route.

Thoughts?

RedBullGaveMeWings
22nd Jan 2014, 17:22
Well, for example Wizz Air ask for at least 200 hour on real aircraft, so did Cebu Air with a firend of mine who graduated from an Italian integrated course with just 150 hours on real aircraft.

RTN11
22nd Jan 2014, 18:04
Out of interest, do integrated graduates even come with an SEP rating as standard so they can build those extra 50 hours?

Odai
22nd Jan 2014, 18:46
IIRC, those on the OAA Integrated course have the option to train some extra hours to fulfil the requirements for the issue of an SEP rating, it doesn't come as standard though - they have to pay extra.

delmouzos
22nd Jan 2014, 18:54
Hi everyone,

James, this is a very good question. You are right to say that out of 195 which is the requirement for the ATP integrated course, 55 are in the sim. This is the case according to the requirement. However, a typical Modular course is a total of 220 hours out of which, 55 hours are still sim time. Most ATOs offer courses based on the regulation. There is no need to charge the student for more. If however someone wants to build more hours to fulfill the requirements of a particular airline they can do extra hour building. In most cases is not necessary. Money can be better spent for a type rating. Please also note that the integrated course offers a lot more instrument time (115 minimum) where the modular offers no more than 55. The airlines appreciates more experience IFR instead of VFR SE aircraft flying.

I hope I helped

Jwscud
23rd Jan 2014, 06:56
I'm afraid the idea that recruiters really care is a myth. Unless you have a sponsor, integrated training other than CTC is an expensive way of getting the same licence with fewer ratings and less flight time.

Try the modular v integrated thread.

RTN11
23rd Jan 2014, 07:47
Whilst it's true that recruiters may not care about the extra 40 or so hours, most airlines these days have an online application, so if you cannot put in their minimum requirement of 200 hours, your application will not even be accepted.