PDA

View Full Version : What's next from EK?

falconeasydriver
18th Jan 2014, 10:03
Having a few days off away from the joys of the UAE I've been catching up on a bit of reading and general travel industry news.
It's got me thinking about what is next for EK, specifically their route/hub strategy.
A recent CNN biz traveller show from that loud chap Richard Quest ran with Deltas' ATL hub operation and it got me thinking.
Are EK going to follow the lead of some others and look at continuing to exploit their 5th freedom rights to run mini-hubs (Milan-JFK anyone?).
I know it may seem a bit thin, but apart from up-gauging airframes and frequencies, what else are we going to see?

The Turtle
18th Jan 2014, 12:19
Complete the circle. Gotta go after Delta's and United's transpacific operation. EK has been in Asia long enough now to establish a brand name...exploit it. Those carrier's service is a joke. NRT, SIN, BKK (gasp!) mini hub anyone??

pilotday
18th Jan 2014, 12:39
Australia to Hawaii

ironbutt57
18th Jan 2014, 12:58
IMHO Honolulu or Maui is food for thought....sure somebody has looked at it

crewmeal
18th Jan 2014, 13:07
DXB - Northern UK point - USA. Then connect up with the Pacific. A bit like Clipper 101/102.

Make Sir Tim work for his knighthood!

ironbutt57
18th Jan 2014, 13:31
Put together a Dubai 2days in Hawaii then codeshare to mainland USA/Canada...wouldnt tie up my own assets on the Hawaii-mainland segment...too saturated to be profitable...but would be nice for North Americans on their way home for annual leave to have a nice Hawaii mini vacation stopover option...could it make money??

Wizofoz
18th Jan 2014, 14:15
Alan Joyce is in Dubai at the moment- Stage 2 of the QANTAS takeover?

CAYNINE
18th Jan 2014, 15:33
....or trying to explain why the airline shares are classed as junk.