PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Gulf Airlines

mutt
18th Jan 2014, 07:58
A Saudi Arabian airline has agreed to buy 16 aircraft from Canadian-based Bombardier in a £733m deal.
Wings for the firm's C-series aircraft are made at Queen's Island in east Belfast.
Newly-launched carrier SaudiGulf Airlines also has an option to buy 10 more single-aisle planes from Bombardier.
It comes as Bombardier announced the launch of the model was pushed back to the second half of 2015.
The first C-Series jetliner was originally scheduled to be delivered to customers in September, but the firm said it needed more testing.

Two years to set up an airline and a launch customer for a new aircraft type? This should be interesting :)

Mutt

Landflap
18th Jan 2014, 11:12
There's more on the "Gulfair Developments" thread.

ironbutt57
18th Jan 2014, 11:17
Yet another airline started on the back of Gulf Air:ugh:

Iver
18th Jan 2014, 13:25
Bombardier C-Series now delayed an EXTRA year with "projected" entry into service in 2nd half of 2015. That is for the smaller version - the CS100. The bigger version (CS300) is now pushed to 6 months after the CS100 - so, early 2016. Bombardier cannot get its act together. Their new Lear 85 has also been delayed for years and has yet to fly. Not impressive! Meanwhile, Airbus is about to field it's 5th A350 test aircraft.

I imagine Saudi Gulf will start with some used Airbus aircraft initially.

Scott_T
19th Jan 2014, 21:58
I wonder will they recruit non type rated pilots/expats

Landflap
21st Jan 2014, 08:29
Scotty, c'mon - thinkin cap on................now, who's gonna be type rated on a type that hasn't even flown yet ? So, get your name on the list & when the time comes, Saudia being an FAA company, will require FAA licences. But, YOU will be flown to Canada where Bombardier will give you the type rating. A good three months in -40c Canada. Lovely. Then, back to Jeddah at +40c & six sectors a day. Now, off to the FAA club for your writtens. Bless.

mutt
22nd Jan 2014, 02:55
Saudia being an FAA company, will require FAA licences Actually this is no longer correct, you need an ICAO licence, not specifically FAA, validations are no longer issued, so candidates have to do GACA writ tens, medical etc to be issued a standalone GACA licence.

Landflap
22nd Jan 2014, 07:59
Thanks Mutt. Actually, apologies to Scotty as he might have been referring to the start-up phase where a couple of leased A320's has been mentioned. Even then, I should immagine that type-rated would be a requirement because that is what modern management teams go for. Minimal training costs.

ShinjukuHustler
23rd Jan 2014, 12:29
"Yet another airline started on the back of Gulf Air" . . . can you elaborate on that?

I don't see how the two things are connected apart from geographical proximity.

Landflap
23rd Jan 2014, 16:54
Try the same CEO. Try the same regional strategy. Try the same region. And as Gf goes down the swany, try filling the gap. Well, that's only four and Ironbutts will elaborate. In my country, CEO's cannot go from one airline to another, willy nilly. Taking secrets and all that. But hey. welcome to the Mid East. Oh, that's FIVE. How are we doing old bean ?

Airmann
23rd Jan 2014, 17:44
Gulf Air was/is the long established carrier in the the region, and the expertise of its staff, and it's history of worldwide operation, contacts etc. has helped many new airlines in the region (and some slightly further afield) start their own operation. This includes but is not limited to the obvious ones such as Qatar, Etihad, Air Arabia, but also includes airlines outside the gulf such as Jet Airways.

In almost all these airlines you might have or might still find many ex-GF staff plying their trade, some occupying high management positions. Almost all, unfortunately or fortunately, are now employees of airlines that have far surpassed GF in almost all areas. I believe this is what Ironbutt may be alluding to. The heritage of GF lives on, but it isn't in Bahrain.

ironbutt57
24th Jan 2014, 03:56
Landflap/Airmann...you beat me to it...

mutt
24th Jan 2014, 06:39
Unfortunately they appear to export both the good and the bad.... C-Series... give me a break :(

Did they really have to pick up the last consultants "GF revamp plan" as they left Bahrain?

ironbutt57
24th Jan 2014, 09:13
Did they really have to pick up the last consultants "GF revamp plan" as they left Bahrain?

Surprised it's not Embraers...unless the same folks are now regional distributors for the C series as well...:ugh:

Willie Everlearn
25th Jan 2014, 10:00
The CS300 is a much better choice than either the MAX or NEO.

It seems to me no one failed to notice that both A and B have had limited success launching completely new aircraft "on time". Nor is their in-service record much to brag about. Maybe we shouldn't be surprised that Bombardier is going to be late with their C series?

I'm not.

Embraer? Seriously?

Willie :ok:

CaptainProp
25th Jan 2014, 10:39
Why not the E-195? Slightly smaller than the CS300 but cheaper and in service and reliable... Or?

ironbutt57
25th Jan 2014, 17:14
I suspect some C series already destined for the area might suddenly come available..

Iver
25th Jan 2014, 21:42
Al Baker at QR is apparently interested in a potential big order of the C-Series. But he is waiting for confirming flight performance data from the flight tests as well as a few other big C-Series orders to lock-in before he orders to ensure programme stability. These delays certainly do not provide much confidence at this point.

I hope Bombardier can get it's act together soon!

Willie Everlearn
27th Jan 2014, 00:50
It's understandable that industry wants certain assurances and guarantees following the disastrous rush to market we've seen with the A380 and its wiring and wing cracking issues. Understandable as well with B787 entry into service delays and battery fires.

Bombardier have dealt with unforeseen CSeries teething problems each step of the way during the aircrafts genesis and keep taking it on the chin from all the negative press. To their managements credit they have moved to market at a pace dictated by the reality of bringing a clean sheet design to an actual aircraft. They've not buckled to al Baker's press statements. Not conceded to air show display pressures or media scepticism. They've instead let the project move forward at a pace dictated by the realities of development and testing. In the end a delay of one year may or may not be the entry into service reality either but this aircraft is going to be a game changer.

The CS300 could easily shove a wedge into the A320NEO and B737MAX market. If predicted performance hits the targets with this aircraft some early buyers of the NEO and MAX are going to be crying in their beer. They could well have jumped the gun this time and simply bought the wrong aeroplane.

We'll see.

Airmann
27th Jan 2014, 02:41
The CS300 has the ability to kill the A319. QR have just recently announced that they are ditching the A319NEO in favour of the 320/321. I think they may just ink a deal for C series sometime in the future. The issue with the C series is bombardiers credibility due to the fact that it is their first foray into a project of this size, at least that's how it's being perceived and played out in the media. Added to this is the fact that there isn't a huge backlog of orders so no one is in a rush to book slots.

mutt
27th Jan 2014, 09:32
Willie, i have no doubt that the CS300 will be an awesome aircraft, but this thread is about a "new airline" that is basing its fleet strategy on a new aircraft that isn't expected to enter service before 2015.

Read this today, it appears that QR are following the tried and trusted method of starting an airline......

Al Maha would be a full-service carrier and have a mix of single- and twin-aisle aircraft, diverted from the parent airline’s outstanding orders from Boeing and Airbus. However, the new airline’s initial batch of around 10 aircraft would be leased, to allow rapid service entry.

Al-Maha will have about 25 aircraft in service before Saudi Gulf gets their 1st aircraft, they will then be forced to play catch-up.

ironbutt57
27th Jan 2014, 09:37
I suspect they will start ops with some wet-leased aircraft for an interim period until the C series is delivered...

Airmann
27th Jan 2014, 11:42
They've already stated that they'll be leasing some aircraft in the interim until they get the C series. Exactly the same plan as Al-Maha. The 320s that QR have on order are the NEOs that are not slated for delivery until 2015, the same time that the Bombardier is expected to debut.

PanAmFalcon
27th Jan 2014, 16:01
If the CEO Mr.M operated like he did with gulf air,it may not prosper.Outsourcing most of the services may actually be bad for Saudi Gulf Airline.Correct me if I'm wrong,it will be like a government funded Qatar Airways vs Government backed Saudia vs a privately owned Saudi Gulf.Saudi Arabia is an amazing market to be at the moment but it didn't work out for Sama airline now did it? :=

Ex-Brazilian
27th Jan 2014, 20:30
QATAR Airways wants a more reliable 130pax aircraft?

Go with the new Embraer 195 E2!

Based on the actual Embraer E190, the E2 will be a very reliable machine, with huge improvements in economics.

Comparing the backlog of the E190 E2 vs CS100/300, we could see that the CS100/300 is a shame... and the Embraer E2 is a great success.

The Embraer E2 is the best aircraft in this range of 100-132pax.

Willie Everlearn
28th Jan 2014, 00:21
That settles it then... Embraer it is.
Let's sound the death knell for Bombardier.
While we're at it, ATR is kicking Bombardier's ass as well as Embraer, aren't they?

Time will tell whether airlines prefer new, state-of-the-art, clean sheet designs OR older models with a face lift, a new hair cut, and a makeup makeover (so to speak).
I notice the Gulf airlines seem to only buy "the latest", like the A380 over the 74-8. The 777 when it first came out. Now the A350. All clean sheet designs. 787.

It all remains to be seen.

A-V-8
18th Mar 2014, 21:06
I am currently a sim instructor. Where can I apply?

A-V-8
18th Mar 2014, 21:47
Seriously does this company have a website?

mutt
18th Mar 2014, 23:09
The just ordered 4x A320's to start their operation in 2015, I doubt that they will have a website until later this year or next.

cherokee and bus
25th Dec 2014, 01:38
What happened to them ? so their plan was cancelled ?

cherokee and bus
9th Feb 2015, 02:06
I think that Saudigulf airlines will never start operation

pilot4eva
9th Feb 2015, 03:40
I think that Saudigulf airlines will never start operation Not true!Their aircraft is already undergoing final checks and will be delivered in a few weeks time.Check out the link
Skyliner - aviation news & more (http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=&picid=9115)

cherokee and bus
13th Feb 2015, 23:02
Yes but they don't even have a website.. do you have any more info about them ? Nice colours by the way

pilot4eva
13th Feb 2015, 23:33
Although the aircraft are going to be delivered in 1Q 2015 I don't see them starting ops this quarter definitely.Like you said they don't have a website nor have they begun their recruitment.

mutt
14th Feb 2015, 13:35
I would expect that the aircraft was ordered and delivered based on an optimistic timeline to start operations, unfortunately they might have discovered that starting an airline in Saudi isn't the easiest thing to do :):)

Airmann
14th Feb 2015, 16:23
QR just made a statement about their new operation al maha. They also already have the aircraft painted. But AAB said last December that it could take up to 18 months due to beurocratic tie up. I'm assuming the same must be true about Saudi gulf.

pilot4eva
19th Feb 2015, 03:29
Its just been announced that saudi gulf launch has been postponed towards the end of the year!

cherokee and bus
11th Oct 2015, 03:00
It seems that they will start in 2016

mutt
11th Oct 2015, 08:41
Are you talking about the Gregorian or Hegira calendar ??

Rumour has it that Al-Maha have given up their attempts to get an AOC.

ironbutt57
11th Oct 2015, 13:33
had heard the same about al Maha..and strange rumblings routes/rights for Saudi Gulf being absorbed by Nas

Airmann
11th Oct 2015, 15:53
?? How do you get away with this? Only possible in the Middle East. What about the 50 plane order from QR?

mutt
11th Oct 2015, 20:25
Its called politics !!!

Unavailable
12th Oct 2015, 14:15
To all interested pilots; SaudiGulf airlines has started recruitments.
First officers and captains on the a320

"submit your CV and recent passport size personal photo electronically and Job title, to this address

[email protected]"

best of luck

cherokee and bus
12th Oct 2015, 14:38
Why not ? they seem that they are ready to start..

Airmann
12th Oct 2015, 18:11
Mutt. I can understand that al-maha is politics but what about Saudi gulf? It's owned by a private consortium and has Gulf Air as advisers. Doesn't make sense to me. Does it have to do with the change of leadership after the death of last ruler? Or has Saudia and NAS just convinced the government not to let them fly.

cherokee and bus
14th Oct 2015, 14:48
I agree with you. Saudigulf will start operations soon

argentina21
19th Oct 2015, 23:13
Will SaudiGulf start on November 1st as previously advertised?

cherokee and bus
21st Oct 2015, 14:27
Maybe not on the 1st of November but they will soon

argentina21
6th Jan 2016, 20:31
Has anyone heard what is happening with the start of SaudiGulf Airlines beyond this article?

SaudiGulf Airlines gets nod to launch domestic flights in 2016 (http://www.argaam.com/en/article/articledetail/id/403651)

Thanks

mutt
7th Jan 2016, 04:12
They have one aircraft parked in Dammam, they also have unoccupied airport offices, thats about it.

cherokee and bus
8th Jan 2016, 10:13
They have already hired some pilots and fas

argentina21
19th Jan 2016, 01:31
What are their pilot requirements?

PanAmFalcon
20th Jan 2016, 14:21
Know how to fly airplanes and accept low salaries.

mutt
20th Jan 2016, 17:42
Best of luck with that plan, haven't they heard of GACA?

cherokee and bus
26th Jan 2016, 01:35
What is going on with GACA ?

argentina21
8th Jun 2016, 22:33
Does anyone have an update on SaudiGulf Airlines?

mutt
9th Jun 2016, 07:32
They now have 3 aircraft parked in DMM and empty airport offices!

@Cherokee and Bus, what is your definition of "soon"?

ExDubai
9th Jun 2016, 09:07
Any chance for them to get the license?

mutt
12th Jun 2016, 21:07
SaudiGulf airline will be licensed to start domestic flights in the Kingdom from June 22, Air Transport World quoted a statement issued by the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) on Friday.

Finally....

Tristar
17th Jun 2016, 02:59
Anyone in this thread already recruited by SaudiGulf to give us more info?
1) Proposed rosters???
2) Operation start date???
3) Pay and benefits???

Chocks Away
27th Jun 2016, 16:17
Launch date & details. (http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/47267-saudigulf-airlines-to-launch-in-late-3q)

:ok: Happy landings.

Unavailable
2nd Jul 2016, 07:06
They are hiring pilots for both seats, with priority given to locals.

Choose Your Career Path and Fly High | SaudiGulf Airlines (http://www.saudigulfairlines.com/en/careers)

Donovan
2nd Jul 2016, 08:41
yeah thanks for the reminder @Unavailable good thing one causeway away to the east and you can breath some freedom. nice.

cherokee and bus
12th Jul 2016, 07:16
According to their website it looks like they don't even require recency on type. Is that correct ?

argentina21
24th Nov 2016, 22:24
Does anyone have new info on SaudiGulf Airlines now that they are actually flying?

Flyboy_SG
24th Nov 2016, 22:30
A320 I guess

flightfaa
22nd Jun 2017, 19:55
whats the scoop on hiring?

argentina21
22nd Jun 2017, 20:38
Apparently they have stopped all pilot hiring and are planning to wet-lease aircraft for the time being to cover planned growth for the rest of 2017.

I would imagine that this is a much more expensive way to cover operational needs and thus that they may hire again in the future.

Airmann
4th Jun 2018, 16:11
An advert for FOs has just popped up again. If anyone has any information regarding the package they're offering please message me.

a3twenty
8th Feb 2019, 11:27
Any latest updates on hiring A320 captains? What are the terms and conditions being offered and how do they compare to the others in the region ie flynas and flyadeal?

obelix360
27th Jan 2020, 15:25
Any update about this company? Seems they are recruiting due to expect of fleet expansion? Preferable Saudi's nationals?

DesertNights
3rd Sep 2020, 15:05
Not even going to call it an Airline, which is NOT..this is the worst company in GCC.

1. ALL current contract from date of start are FRAUDULENT and are in DEFAULT ON CONTRACT...( Medical, Life, Loss of License) subject to past & current & future lawsuits, too many to list.

2. Salaries aren’t payed correctly and fairly with bogus internal made excuses and rules they keep making..against all KSA Labor Laws.

3. MANAGEMENT including the owners. A to Z..every department you can list in your minds..clueless, worthless, thieves and pathological liars...ALL.

4. Blow your mind: Current Captain was diagnosed with Cancer 2018,
Management (DFO & FINANCE) came up with grand scheme to steal this man's Insurance Reimbursement money for out of pocket cancer treatment, plus (Lowlives) stoled his salary while this men was going through cancer treatment...DISGUSTING. Ongoing Lawsuit.

5. No growth, no proper planning, or a single ounce experience, clueless morons. Things are doing down hill past. Nothing will EVER happen with these thieves (so call management team) Owners are clueless...WAKEUP owners?

STAY AWAY IF YOU SMART.

PanAmFalcon
3rd Sep 2020, 23:33
Samer Majali is the CEO you say?

DesertNights
4th Sep 2020, 05:25
You’re correct..ex CEO was a total thief GulfAir, also the current CEO is a Ex Saudia thief. All washed out GCC industry losers ended up in this so called Management Team at SGA. Also the owners is stupid enough to hire these losers and thieves..so makes you wonder about the integrity of this owners.

mutt
4th Sep 2020, 07:25
also the current CEO is a Ex Saudia What position did he hold in Saudia?

DesertNights
4th Sep 2020, 08:00
A.J (787 scandal)

These are Non Muslim believers..they only pretend to be..No true Muslim does or acts on this Kind of criminal behavior. ALL should be medicated and put into prison. In return they steal from employees, sick, and the working people at this company. Now the truth is coming out..🙏

lucille
5th Sep 2020, 06:40
Mutt, you still in KSA? If so you gotta be the last expat standing at SV! And possibly a world record for longevity in the Kingdom. Well done!

FARHOOD
16th Sep 2020, 08:43
is SGAstill operational?i heard they are partially shutdown and has not paid their pilots for the past 6 months.........

mutt
16th Sep 2020, 10:41
https://www.airteamimages.com/airbus-a320_VP-CGD_saudigulf-airlines_364660_large.html

Shows you a nice new Saudi Gulf A320 in Germany last month, yet their booking website show N/A for all dates and routes. So make of that whatever you wish.

@Lucille, I plan to turn off the lights when I leave. :)

DesertNights
17th Sep 2020, 06:23
Salaries NOT payed, all employee contracts in Labor Law violations, lawsuits piling up. Money owed to venders. SGA making up bogus BS not to pay employees..thieves. Heard loosing two A/C fleet of 4 😂..no payments. No planing, no leadership, no future growth with his management, clueless owners, etc..

DesertNights
9th Oct 2020, 15:44
Abdel Hadi A. Alqahtani & Sons...(out of money or going bankrupt) owners of SaudiGulf Airlines refusing to pay employees contract salaries and benefits, HR asking people not to show up to work, no more free government money or out of scams for free money. Refusing to answer to employees emails and concerns..not a word from management or owners after second extension unpaid leave ended Sep 15th....?

AusterUber3XX
11th Oct 2020, 06:14
Hard times ahead for the greek mafia....

Now where are you going to sell your bXXXXXXt....only in middle east you could do that...the dragon's land does not allow you to go....it is getting hard
good luck

DesertNights
13th Oct 2020, 10:19
You had it good when Greek mafia was in..you all did. Look at the local mafia did for you..NOTHING. Company is now bankrupt, owners have no money owner and management is full of thieves, planes going back to owners..one already gone. So what can the company do and make this into future national scandal..get corrupt judges to make unlawful (Sharia Law) baseless ruling in courts against employees on there lawsuits claims for there rights. 🤔

Capn Rex Havoc
15th Oct 2020, 01:08
Auster Auster Auster, I tried not to respond to your post, but the more I read it the more incensed I got.

A dog should be always loyal to his owner so follow the example of your buddies of other airlines and behave

Reallllllllyyy? This is where you go wrong..... Oh, before I continue, I have never worked in Saudi, but I did do many many years in Dubai. So, on with the show

Your country had the blind luck to be placed in a geographical area that happened to have a sh.t load of oil. Oil that advanced, developed first world nations needed. Hence compensations flowed to your primitive country. With your expansion into the 20th century, you decided to embrace aviation, and as camels don't have a good thrust to weight ratio, you were forced to hire the expertise of expats. To entice expats to come and fly in your country, you had to throw buckets of cash to make the prospect of living in a hellish hot, religiously fundamentalist theocratic, backward country acceptable to said expats. After all, a country where women have to cover themselves completely, where the opposite sexes have to be segregated, where alcohol is banned, where gambling is banned, where cinemas are banned, where capital punishment exists for ludicrous crimes, where. women couldn't drive, etc etc etc, are hardly draw cards. So, now that your money buckets, are finally drying, I accept that expats are now returning to their original countries, but have no doubt, they are not indebted to you in any way as you did not provide the mountains of cash because of your good nature. So don't make references to dogs and owners, which is a highly offensive analogy, and I will refrain from talking about the patently inadequate useless legal system know as Sharia law.

fatbus
15th Oct 2020, 04:01
Well put Rex!

Python27
15th Oct 2020, 07:17
Applies to some countries around too

DesertNights
22nd Oct 2020, 13:19
Pay our owed salaries, and benefits. You and your family owe a lot of money to your sga employees and there families..left hundreds without salaries, benefits..how low can you be..? You and your family should be ashamed of yourselves shiek tariq. People are trying feed there families kids, love ones and sick family members.

Total embarrassment to your ksa.

obelix360
2nd Nov 2020, 13:06
So...Whats the current situation with this company?
They are flying or the planes are grounded?

Before Covid it was well promised company with a lot of benefits to their staff.
As i heard they owe money to European company that they had it as wet lease last year....

DesertNights
2nd Dec 2020, 10:59
SCANDAL (SAMA 2) SCANDAL

Coming to social media, and all Gov agencies very shortly.

More lawsuits being filed in progress, management jumping ship before its all out to the public knowledge and embarrassment from this nasty company.