PDA

View Full Version : Frozen ATPL validity

reciprocal
16th Jan 2014, 16:29
Hi

I have a Frozen ATPL that expired in 2011, (I got it In 2006). Just wondering if anyone could tell me what it would take to revalidate the license. I have been told that I have to start over from the beginning, im hoping this isn't case lol.

RTN11
16th Jan 2014, 18:21
There's no such thing as a FATPL!!!!!!!!!! :ugh:

What do you actually have, then we might be able to help?

Do you have a CPL?

Did you get the IR?

If so, there might be hope, it depends when your IR expired, that's the important date, care to share?

If you never got the IR then you will definitely have to redo the groundschool.

reciprocal
16th Jan 2014, 20:18
Thanks for the reply here are the details

CPL(A) Issue date May 3 2006
MEP land rating valid from Feb 23rd 2006
IR-SPA-ME valid from April 11 2006
IR expiry April 10 2007

I appreciate the help.

flaps35
16th Jan 2014, 20:36
Hi

Call your CAA and ask what are the requirments to get your I/R back.
when it has been expired in 2007 so 7 years maybe you have to do some extra sim.sessions and there after a prof.check.I hope that they will not say that you have to do the grounschool again.Here in Europe the ratings which has been expired for more than 5 year,is a big problem.

I hope you will get it back

RTN11
17th Jan 2014, 07:33
With ratings expited over 7 years, my understanding is that you have to redo the exams and flight tests.

I don't think you have to do the whole groundschool course, or redo all the flight training, it would be "training as required".

If you go to an FTO, they would put together a training package that would be appropriate for you to meet the requirements, but it's not going to be cheap or easy, could easily take 6 months or more especially having to relearn a load of stuff for ground exams.