PDA

View Full Version : Low life scum....

Jabawocky
16th Jan 2014, 04:04
Well this really ticks me off. been a sad week for folk around here, and this tops it off big time.

Whoever the low life scum were that did this will be praying the cops get them before I do.

Hi Jaba!

I am sorry to inform you that we have had a SERIOUS BREAK-IN at the Machinery Shed adjacent the Clubhouse on approximately Tuesday Evening 14 January 2014

There seems to be strong suggestions that the perpetrators new exactly what they were going for in terms of the draws with the keys etc, the forced entry position and the removal of the gate hinges adjacent the shed. The club has probably suffered a loss in excess of $50,000 (tractor, equipement etc)

TWO THINGS ARISE from this:

If you have perhaps seen or do see anything suspicious, kindly do not hesitate to report it to John Dawson at 0418 888 435 right away. If you want to remain anonymouse, get a friend to call - we need your help.

Secondly, please observe your own hangar and make double sure that it is locked and safe this time - if not, kindly report immediately to John.

Please think back whether you saw anything on Moday, Tuesday or Wednesday that might help.

PS: We are also active on Facebook and Twitter - how good is that. Please make sure that you go to http://www.cabaeroclub.org.au and LIKE the facebook link at the right hand side of the page, if you have not yet done so.

The idea is that you will be able to see any and all updates from there.

Our Twitter handle is @YCAB001. Please follow us to stay informed.

Lastly, please go to our website www.cabaeroclub.org.au and click on any recent post (normally on the right side of the page) - then, at the bottom of that post you will see a block to enter your name and email address - please enter it there - the website will then keep you informed automatically of any new postings. thanx.

Regards,

Caboolture Aerclub

TBM-Legend
16th Jan 2014, 04:55
WTF...

Sounds like an inside job...:*

onetrack
16th Jan 2014, 07:18
Jaba - Tractor and equipment theft is rampant in every country, and Australia is no different to many other countries.
A lot of this stuff is stolen to order by scumbags who just want to develop their fairly-remote property - and a very large % is never recovered.
No-one ever questions a bloke who has a reasonable amount of assets, acquiring a new tractor/Bobcat/FEL.
Some are even brazen enough to start contracting work with the stolen equipment in a reasonably distant area.

For the dollars involved in the loss, some very basic equipment tracking is readily available, and it has been proven to be effective at recovery.
Even a cheap phone attached in a hard-to-find position is a fairly cheap tracking device.

The important thing is to check equipment on a daily basis, so recovery action can happen fast - before it's a long way away, and before it has a new coat of different coloured paint, and a new S/N tag.

The beauty of your position is that you all have the capability to take to the air to spot it, which is a huge bonus.
A lot of crooks fail to realise that tractors and earthmovers are pretty visible from the air, particularly when they're working.
The only downside could be that they have stashed it in a warehouse/factory somewhere close, until the "heat" dies down.
Even if they have done that, the equipment has to go to work sooner or later.

Put up some pics of the equipment, spread the word on every forum. The more people know, the harder it gets for the thieves.
I'm an old earthmover and contractor, I've got lots of contacts all over the country, and I can make sure a lot more eyes are looking.

Jabawocky
16th Jan 2014, 07:37
Not a bad idea :ok:

One of my customers in a rural town, lets say near YSGE, had a very new CAT machine knocked off on a Saturday night. I thought....yeah right that is on a truck and stripped for parts in a 40' sea container and on its way to any other part of the globe by now.

But bugger me if a week later it was back! The dopey buggers drove it......yes drove it NNE and upon daylight hid it in the scrub until the next night.....or something. Luckily the council worker driving past spotted a colour in the bushes and a CAT logo. Called the cops and on the story went.

Funny part is the estimated time of driving right past the coppers in a town after dark (no machines on road at night rule) unseen. :}

Oh well up goes the insurance premium again!

onetrack
16th Jan 2014, 09:13
Yep, we have to remember, 99% of thieves are just plain dumb - and lazy. They do some of the most idiotic things - such as the bloke here on the left coast who knocked off a tandem trailer - and who then put it up for sale on Gumtree - the very next day! :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Of course, the bloke with the trailer was searching high and low for it - and Gumtree was one of the first places he looked.
He spotted it for sale, (totally unaltered! :ugh:) - and promptly played the part of a potential buyer - then sent the cops around to grab the thief - and got his trailer back faster than he'd ever imagined! :)

Savvy victim poses as buyer of own stolen trailer - Yahoo!7 (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/16022163/savvy-victim-poses-as-buyer-of-own-stolen-trailer/)

Stikybeke
16th Jan 2014, 10:37
Jabba,

As I've said before, I hate thieves, so here's my two bobs worth.....

I have to agree with TBM's post, whoever is responsible for this is probably nearer then what you think. I wouldn't know but I'd be looking for someone who was around before but isn't around too much now, probably not the person who stole the property but who provided the how to, etc to those who did and has probably reaped some sort of reward for their assistance.

They'll be associated with YCAB or someone there and will be on holidays or away from YCAB but will probably return to YCAB soon and express outrage,disbelief, shock, and revenge, etc.

Hopefully someone will smell a rat when they speak to them. I'd like to think that your local detectives will think outside the square re checking CCTV at nearby garages and motorway toll collection points etc....Aside from that get in the sky as suggested and check out your area.....you never know. I hope they get caught and the property is recovered in full.

I continue to shake my head, I know that times are tough but why to people do this?

Good luck!
Stiky

VH-XXX
16th Jan 2014, 10:55
If the offenders are "close to home" as suggested, they will possibly try and
"inject" themselves into the investigation, will have a lot of information and advice to offer and may be overly helpful.

Remember that "only the guilty justify" (generally) so the if there's someone making a lot of noise about it, they may know someting about it.

Jabawocky
16th Jan 2014, 11:33
good points you raise Sticky and xxx.

Will pass that on.

gerry111
16th Jan 2014, 13:55
A silly question, I know... But were the tractor and stolen implements insured?

If not, then why not?

500N
16th Jan 2014, 16:10
Jaba

Sorry to hear that.

Just a suggestion but small "game cameras" are very low cost and
can be set up I places like sheds or outside them to capture
any day or night activity without these scum knowing and
if something like this happens, you have the photo evidence.