PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk cockpit questions

messyhead
15th Jan 2014, 20:28
Hi folks. I'm new to these forums, and I was hoping to have some help with research I'm trying to carry out on the MH-60K Blackhawk.

I'm in the process of creating a 3D cockpit model for a flight sim called Enemy Engaged. I'm creating a free cockpit for the game, so there's no commercial gain for me.

I'm looking for some good detail photos of the instruments and details about the MFDs.

I'd be grateful if anyone could provide details, or images that would in the process of adding details to the 3D model.

I have a couple of images to work from, one of which is this;

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-85qJshiik0o/UV_0CkUT3II/AAAAAAAAAJQ/TmdJhn3eRY0/s800/MH-60K%2520Blackhawk.jpg

messyhead
16th Jan 2014, 07:53
Anyone?

Even if you could advise on where I could get some information. I've been working on this for a couple of years, and I've got the main frame of the cockpit built. I'm now at the stage of needing to detail it, so I need details of the centre and upper console, and for some of the instruments.

JohnDixson
16th Jan 2014, 12:03
You have picked an H-60 model flown by the 160th Special Operations Regiment. For very good reasons, they keep a low profile. Recommend you pick another version of the Hawk to complete your project.

messyhead
16th Jan 2014, 12:08
I realise that. However there must be commonality between models and so details of those would be useful? The reason I chose that model, is that there is already a H-60 in the sim, but it doesn't have it's own 3D cockpit. The model in the game is able to carry and hellfire missiles and rockets. Doing some research, the only model I could find capable of designating targets with flir or laser, was this model.

I'm mostly just looking for detailed photos to use for adding textures and detailing.

Peter-RB
16th Jan 2014, 12:36
Hi John,

That surely will be the best one for this guy to use, its possibly more realistic in what he is trying to make...Ie "Enemy Engaged", it would be no use with any leisure helis or a medevac types.

Just thinking out loud, so get all secretive about what all those dials do!

Peter R-B
Lancashire :ok:

212man
16th Jan 2014, 13:54
Have you looked at the Rockwell Collins CAAS (Common Avionics Architecture System) site?
Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS) (http://www.rockwellcollins.com/Capabilities_and_Markets/Air/Rotary_Wing/Common_Avionics_Architecture_System.aspx)

They may be able to provide brochures too - certainly at Farnborough their stand had the displays powered up and glossy brochures available.

messyhead
16th Jan 2014, 19:47
Thanks for the replies. My posts are still moderated so they take a while to appear after you have replied.

Peter - it's for an existing sim, not one I'm creating. I'm just adding to it.

I've also seen the CAAS stuff, but it's not really applicable to what I'm doing.

I suppose I'll need to keep searching online for reference material.

TwinHueyMan
16th Jan 2014, 21:16
The configuration of SOA aircraft changes and some of the contents can be considered sensitive in nature. A good friend of mine, and esteemed SOA member, was recently released from the unit for posting pictures from an MH cockpit. Your best bet would be to contact the SOAR PAO at Ft. Campbell to ensure the info is safe for release and as accurate as can be.

Mike