PDA

View Full Version : BE sponsorship, tests at Cabair next week

denisbergkamp1
13th Nov 2001, 19:18
I, along with 200 others, have got the first stage of testing at cabair next week for the BE sponsorship scheme. I have read the very imformative post in the archives about what to expect and have three questions to ask having read it.

1. Do you have to know the equations for calculating volumes of different objects and be able to convert between different measurement units?

2.In the maths test that they read out can you make rough workings on paper?

3. Is there really a need to have a knowledge of data landing sheets?

Any advice would be aprecaited. Good luck to all those attending.

Wedge
15th Nov 2001, 01:27
Last time I went you were able to make rough workings on paper.

Make sure you know Pythagoras' theorem, and watch out for the question(s) when you need it, not always immediately obvious. Dunno about 1 and 2. Good luck.

funkster
15th Nov 2001, 13:23
Wedge

What about no3 do you really need a knowledge of data landing sheets??

Is there any resource I can get this knowledge from easily? ie internet site??

skysoarer
16th Nov 2001, 04:52
Y'all;

Of course knowing about these sheets can be of help ... but ... as long as you are proficient at reading any kind of table or chart you will be ok; they explain each diagram before asking a question on it, usually with an example.

I sat this phase last year with Air2k and got through but didn't attend phase 3 as I was still at uni ... so my fingers are double crossed this time.

Regards;

Sky

funkster
16th Nov 2001, 20:25
skysoarer check your email

Sagey
16th Nov 2001, 20:29
Hi there,

It is the physics that is well not worrying me but concerning me.

Is it a case of having to know every formula under the sun, or is it a case of shapes etc and to find out how your brain works and to see if you can understand what they are asking. I have been looking at some formula again, it does seem a long time since GCSE lol.

Any help??

Sagey

[ 16 November 2001: Message edited by: Sagey ]