PDA

View Full Version : All aircraft maintenance engineers. Please help me with my AME survey!

capitaine flam
14th Jan 2014, 11:00
Hello. I am a recent grad and currently carrying out research into aircraft maintenance engineer training and standards, military and civil (to use for my forthcoming Masters).

I understand that training standards and methods are currently no longer the same as they were a decade or two ago. I thought that rather than ask paper pushers or people at desk what the training is like, the best people to ask would have to be the actual engineers who have done the study and have got the experience.

Edit 24/01/2014: The survey is now closed and I want to thank everyone who took part. Thanks very much for your time.

Romulus
14th Jan 2014, 11:35
Best check your hypothesis for inherent bias mate, any survey of training standards prefaced with this

I understand that training standards and methods are currently no longer the same as they were a decade or two ago.

is hardly coming from an unbiased position.

gr4techie
14th Jan 2014, 12:32
Capitaine Flam,

Do you want my answers based on my own training (which took part many years ago) or based on what I think of todays training after working and speaking with the new guys?

capitaine flam
14th Jan 2014, 14:47
Hello Romulus

From my own experience working on first line maintenance and speaking face-to-face to a large number of civilians and ex-military aircraft engineers, I have been certainly made to understand that standards and training methods have changed. The entire Part 66 method of licensing has changed from when it was JAR 66. My question is therefore not biased.

I was hoping that perhaps some military aircraft engineers might be willing to give me their input of their own experience in military aircraft maintenance training and if they had observed any changes in the standards of training and general standards of today compared to a couple of decades ago.

You don't have to take part in this survey. I am doing a genuine survey to incorporate the results in a genuine paper: I don't need to be attacked.

The civil AME over on the other forum have been kind enough to take part without attacking me.

Thanks.

capitaine flam
14th Jan 2014, 14:50
Dear dr4techie

yes, please. Some of the questions are aimed towards civil AMEs, but also towards military AMEs. Kindly answer those questions that apply to you or on which you have an opinion.

Any honest input is better than no input as I am trying to get data from both the military and the civilian engineers.

Cheers,

Sandy Parts
14th Jan 2014, 15:56
have you posted on the Egoat as well? Lots of techies on there who can help (will be a break from the adminers vs techies pay-grading debate ;) )

capitaine flam
14th Jan 2014, 20:53
Sorry, I don't know what Egoat is. :bored:

TEEEJ
14th Jan 2014, 21:06
Capitaine Flam.

E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums - E-Goat Home (http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/content.php)

Wholigan
14th Jan 2014, 21:06
Googling tricky then?

E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums - E-Goat Home (http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/content.php)

capitaine flam
15th Jan 2014, 20:36
Thanks for clarifying Egoat. Will look at that. Yes, should have googled really. But hey, I don't like to just rely on technology: I like to hear what people have to say! :ok: