PDA

View Full Version : Jabiru fail near Logan Motorway Aug 13

Avgas172
12th Jan 2014, 03:43
Hi folks, is there another link to this Jab failure near Parkinson? The aircraft looks like the old Glen Innes groups J430, I just come across this while googling for something else. Curious to know what happened and who the pilot was.
Pilot uninjured in emergency landing at Parkinson (http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/pilot-uninjured-in-emergency-landing-at-parkinson-20130816-2s22r.html)
Cheers
A172

spinex
12th Jan 2014, 04:45
http://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/521801-two-more-jabirus-down.html

That what you're after? The Parkinson aircraft was an RA registered 230, not sure whether it had a previous life with a VH rego though, I believe it was/is (?) possible to downgrade the airframe to 600kg MAUW and 2 seats only.

Avgas172
12th Jan 2014, 07:37
You are right spinex, it is/was a 230, 24-5353 the pilot was a Glen Innes man, and it is believed it ran out of fuel, although the rumour mill says the engine and instrument panel was stolen that night and the Jab was written off. There just appears to be no investigation into this event I can locate or any cause published. :confused:

VH-XXX
12th Jan 2014, 08:37
It's RAA registered so there will be no crash report other than the monthly summary. What's above as Chris says is correct, ran out of go-go-juice so pretty simple really, case closed. As for the panel being flogged, yes that happened, it went down in a very rough neighborhood full of ferals. Look around closely and you might find some Jabiru vdo engine instruments in a VB commodore.

Jabawocky
12th Jan 2014, 08:42
hahahhaha

That is funny.

Coming from a Victorian is even funnier :ok:

VH-XXX
12th Jan 2014, 09:07
I just put 2 and 2 together, you have a VB commodore don't you Jabba?

If so, I swear it was a coincidence :ok:

Avgas172
12th Jan 2014, 09:53
Warning thread drift: Are there any VB Commodores still going, even in the feral areas?:suspect:

Wally Mk2
12th Jan 2014, 23:07
VB bombadores where a heap of junk! Can't believe the money they pull now!
Having worked as a mot mech in another life they where just awful!
Suspension, awful, brakes, awful & the poor old choked 202 was a dead loss!

Thread drift I know but hey how much can one write about a Jab anyway?:)

Wmk2

onetrack
13th Jan 2014, 04:42
Jeeez, I wasn't aware that Jabs used VB Commodore instruments, as well as VB Commodore pistons, too! Little wonder Jack Ranga reckons there's a wrecked Jab in every paddock! :E