PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble consolidating knowledge?

Daxatron
10th Jan 2014, 22:07
Just wandering if at all any body has difficulty with remembering everything for all exams, I have passed airlaw, human factors, met and Nav, but find when I retake exams online that I don't always pass them.
I find that time as passes that stuff just falls out of my head.
Anybody with me?
I want to know it all but am concerned that I'm going to forget something vital.

RTN11
10th Jan 2014, 22:25
You will forget anything you don't use on a regular basis, the important thing is to keep practising and using the important things.

Can I remember the threshold for number of seats against fire axes and cabin crew required? No.

Do I understand the limits related to an approach ban? Absolutely.

Just keep revising the important facts, and maybe make a little booklet you can carry around with the important figures in, so you can use them when you're flying if you forget.

With most of the rules it's not about being able to remember everything right away, it's about knowing where to look it up and get a precise answer.

mad_jock
11th Jan 2014, 08:51
Daxatron there is a difference between working knowledge and exam passing.

I am lucky as I seem to remember more of the stuff 1 year after the exam than I did while taking it.

Can I remember the threshold for number of seats against fire axes and cabin crew required? No

Unfortunately the answer popped into my head. The cabin crew numbers you do actually sometimes rarely use.

Its the same with the ICAO annexes round Europe they tend not to be an issue. Step outside Europe and you better know the ones to do with pax of who and what you can do or your going to be hit in the pocket hard or gain some time in a local jail.

Daxatron
12th Jan 2014, 16:18
I think I will get there, I guess my main issue is that I'm not flying regularly at the moment as I'm about to move house so cash is tight.
Hopefully when I start flying weekly again the theory won't be as remote as I can start applying it in a real and practical way.