PDA

View Full Version : Denver, which airfield?

cambioso
10th Jan 2014, 09:15
Might have to go to Denver (Colorado) later this month. Never been before. Any advice on which Denver airfield is the best for GA (Falcon 2000) and any FBO recommendations please?
Cheers, and Happy New Year everyone.
Jez

glider12000
10th Jan 2014, 09:50
Centennial would be your best bet.

I can`t suggest any FBO`s here, but hopefully this is a good start for you.

zondaracer
10th Jan 2014, 10:42
Definitely Centennial. As far as FBOs, they are all pretty good but I like XJet and Signature.

dirk85
10th Jan 2014, 11:48
Centennial, and I had good experience with TAC Air.

340drvr
10th Jan 2014, 14:49
Nothing wrong with Rocky Moutain Metro, BJC, either. I've always had good service at Denver Air Center there (the only FBO.) If you look at a map, BJC is actually a mile or so closer to the center of downtown than APA, so for me, it depends on which side of Denver I need to go to. I'm always arriving and departing from north of the metro area, so BJC actually gets me in and out quicker, and seems to have less traffic than APA.
Either one is fine, just depends on your ground logistics.
The only time going to the "big" airport, DEN, makes sense, would be if you're dropping off or picking up pax from the airlines, otherwise, the fees are expensive, and it's a long way from town.
Hope this helps, have a good trip.

AZAV8R
10th Jan 2014, 17:40
As has been said...DEN for passengers that may be airlining. If the passenger destination is North Denver then BJC makes sense. For everything else...APA and XJET for the FBO.

cambioso
10th Jan 2014, 21:33
Thanks Guys, looks like Centennial then.
Best wishes,
Jez