PDA

View Full Version : RAF Odiham Contact

Tuc5240
9th Jan 2014, 10:03
Hi All,

Would anyone be able to help me out, I am looking a contact for RAF Odiham to discuss the possibility of arranging a station visit for a group of Cadets.

If anyone would be able to help me with a contact number / email etc I would be very grateful.

mrmrsmith2
9th Jan 2014, 11:13
mmmmmm that was hard work, took all of 45 seconds on google, google is your friend you know lol

RAF Benson - Contact Us (http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafbenson/contactus.cfm)

I know just noticed if for benson pmsl , that'll teach me to be cocky... not

mrmrsmith2
9th Jan 2014, 11:19
take two

RAF - Media and Comms contact list (http://www.raf.mod.uk/organisation/MediaandCommscontactlist.cfm)

Herod
9th Jan 2014, 13:37
I visited an ATC Squadron a couple of years ago and asked about their local ACLO (Air Cadet Liaison Officer). I was told there is no longer such a thing. I held that as a secondary duty for a couple of years, and I would say it should be reinstated. . Normally I would try and visit at least one squadron a week (in my own time), and was aware of their problems and needs. I hope the cadets got as much out of it as I did

chevvron
9th Jan 2014, 13:55
Try Ops on 01256 702134 ext 7254; they should be able to point you in the right direction.

teeteringhead
9th Jan 2014, 14:37
I visited an ATC Squadron a couple of years ago and asked about their local ACLO (Air Cadet Liaison Officer). I was told there is no longer such a thing. There most certainly is still such a thing!

In fact the Air Cadet Organisation are trying to "big up" (as I think the young people say) the ACLO role, have soem standardised TORs and ensure that Harry Staish values the 2dry Duty at appraisal time .......

chevvron
9th Jan 2014, 15:16
I can remember the days (late '60s) when the ACLO role was 'dumbed down' and the ATC (RAFVRT) Camp Commandant had to arrive 2 days early to 'take over' the camp. You were 'shown the ropes' by the outgoing CC although all initial groundwork was done by the ACLO.
If you were CC for Gibraltar or Cyprus Camps, you had to travel out with the previous camp attendees and spend a week or 10 days 'taking over'!! (How sad)