PDA

View Full Version : Flight Controls

Yan104
8th Jan 2014, 09:17
Hi guys,

I wonder about the use of the flight controls in relation to the steering ... So for the basics , I know that the rudder is used to control the aircraft in the yaw axis , the elevator in the pitch axis , and fins associated with the rudder in the roll axis :

1 )More precisely , with regard to the fins , the latter acting in " inverted tandem " , is to say that the elevation of a fin is offset by the lowering of another to create the asymmetry necessary to lift the inclination of the plane:but I ask myself if these bodies are they always work in pairs, and if with the yoke , they induce movements reversed ( inclination left to one , to the right for the other and vice versa ):suspect: ?

2) How is this happening in the case of failure of a fins since the bodies are supposed to be " coupled " :suspect:? ! ... It is no longer possible to make turns:uhoh:? ! ... What is the procedure in this case :uhoh:? ...

Thank you in advance for your answers;)!

Halfwayback
8th Jan 2014, 14:08
Yan
Welcome to the Wannabee forums where pilots who want to follow a career in commercial aviation post. As such it is a professional site where a lot of experienced professional pilots are always happy to give people a helping hand.

However there is an expectation of a level of knowledge of aviation and, reading your post above, perhaps you might like to spend a little time Googling flight control systems such as here
Flight control surfaces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_control_surfaces)

In the mean time I am closing the thread

HWB