PDA

View Full Version : Ambassador Airways Warning

DownIn3Green
13th Nov 2001, 07:30
Folks, It's not my style to bad mouth anyone or their business, but one of my passions is primary training (in my other life). So I will speak.
I enjoy hanger talking with all students from wherever overseas when I'm in Naples.

Today I heard Ambassador Airways is pulling chocks and heading to Venice, Fla.

A talk with my old friend who owns the Pilot Shop in APF confirms students from overseas who have paid to Ambassador will not receive their books and other materials with their "vouchers" as the "pilot shop" has not been paid by Ambassador.

Sorry for the bad news, but in my professional opinion I'd walk (fly) away from anything that had to do with a man with the initials R.D.

Best of Luck in all training for everyone...

rudi dekkers
13th Nov 2001, 23:31
Ambassador Airways is moving to Venice.
All the students are aware, we will finish
students in Naples.
We are not behind with payments with the pilotshop in Naples, i had a talk with Frank stetson and everybody can call him, 941-261-9141. All we do in move to Venice with the compleet flightschool, and we will conduct normal bussines, and JAR training.
If anybody has a question they can call me personal on my cell. 941-825-0245
Thanks
Rudi Dekkers, President Ambassador Airways

Ambassador1
14th Nov 2001, 01:45
Mr Dekkers,

If you are going challenge people to check up on you, at least give them the phone number to the real Frank Stetson so they can indeed find out you do owe him money. For anyone interested the real number is 941-263-9121.

When you get a chance could you explain to us why all the Students at SFT, which paid over six months ago, to fly Jetstreams for your airline never made it to training?

Sincerely,

Florida Air

Ambassador1
14th Nov 2001, 01:53
Mr Dekkers,

There was alot of discussion concerning yourself and your companies back in August. I was wondering if you would answer all the questions that were raised. We have been waiting a long time to hear from you. If you do not remember them you can read them here:

Topic: PPSC, 4 Forces, Pan Am now SFT's Florida connection!? (http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=010499)

Sincerely,

Florida Air

BelowTheLine
14th Nov 2001, 03:28
Fl Air,

I read the thread you linked and was surprised to see it was deleted.

The questions raised then (Aug 2001) seem to be surfacing again on this thread.

I called the Naples airport director who was noted on the thread you posted and surprise surprise, he was not aware that Ambassador was moving to Venice as they still have many years remaining on their lease in Naples.

But I take it from Mr. Dekkers post above Ambassador is moving.

So once again, who is being forthright and honest, and who is shading the truth?

I am thankful for this forum, as it surely opens my eyes.

Although it can't tell me where to go, it can really give me some strong clues as to NOT WHERE TO GO!!!

kennyboy
14th Nov 2001, 03:38
Well,well ,well.
Is this the same Rudi Dekkers who owns Huffman Aviation.
Iwas at Huffman during May and June of this year.
What a nightmare of a time I had with your aircraft.
During my basic PPL training Ihad to train in 3 different types of aircraft(warrior,152,katana)and a total of 5 different aircraft.
This was due to the clapped out array of a/c available.
Such a shame because you had a good bunch of instuctors working with rubbish machines.
In the week of my test I had an engine failure in a warrior(1120Q)and Thierrie(my instructor)had an engine fire in another warrior(554HA).
It was a joke to see two katanas on the ramp with one being stripped to keep the other one going.
I will never fly in any of Rudi,s a/c again. :mad:

DownIn3Green
14th Nov 2001, 03:45
Kenny,

I don't know if Dekkers owns Huffman, but that would make sense if he is moving Ambassador to Venice.

I think Venice is also where the office to that "airline" Florida Air is located.

Too many coincidences for me...

Facts Not Fiction Pls
14th Nov 2001, 18:22
Dekkers, Rudi

President Ambassador Airways, Naples
President Huffman, Venice
President, FLAir, Venice (Not in Operation)

Ambassador soon to be moving to Venice will, I assume, take the place of Huffman. :rolleyes:

DownIn3Green
14th Nov 2001, 19:15
For anyone interested, the number to the Naples Airport Authority, from whom Ambassador Airways leases their space at the airport, is +1 941 643-0733.

I called them just now and the woman who answered the phone confirmed that they have not been advised that Ambassador Airways intends to move (break their lease).

If in fact this is a business decision and everything is above board, wouldn't the landlord be one of the first to be told? What is Ambassador afraid of?

QUERY
14th Nov 2001, 22:24
I haven't been to Naples/Ambassador but were they involved recently with SFT (R.I.P.)?
Flight training has an unfortunate history of very mobile locations or frequently changing ownership.

Sensible
15th Nov 2001, 00:54
Your post begs the question, is Ambassador Airways fallen victim to the demise of SFT ie: unpaid bills? Just a thought!

Ambassador1
15th Nov 2001, 04:25
Sensible,

Are you kidding? Mr Dekkers has been bouncing checks to Employees and Vendors for years. The trail is a mile wide, you just have to go look for it.

If the demise of SFT left a large unpaid bill (Rumored between 40k and 60k), its about time someone got him for a change. Well done SFT.

The pattern of unpaid bills goes back much longer than the relationship with SFT. I remember during my training five years ago, seeing aircraft being repossessed due to non payment. This is nothing new.

Note in the thread listed above, Send Clowns saying, "Florida Air had its operator's certificate suspended because of the citizenship of the owner - he is not an American citizen. It is expected that the certificate will be reinstated in the next few weeks." on 21 August 2001. Please check the Florida Air Official Website (http://www.floridaair.com)

Also look back on all the false promises Mr. Dekkers made to different Airports around Florida that counted on him and his word. He was quoted in the various newspaper articles I quoted and linked in August.

Everyone has been given the starting information, do your research.

Sincerely,

Florida Air

DownIn3Green
15th Nov 2001, 05:17
I agree with Fal Air,

I have done further checking and have found that former students of mine have dealt with Ambassador on further education basis, such as BFR's and Inst Comp cks.

Dekkers seems to be more than happy to accept $$$cash$$$ for a discount, thus no record of the transaction taking place.

After 9/11, one of these persons came to me and said he wasn't surprised that one or more of the terrorist "pilots" had trained at Huffman in Venice, alledging a "cash basis" transaction.

I don't think Dekkers had anything to do whatsoever with the 9/11 tragedy, however, his alledged questionable business practices must make the trail harder to trace.

Before anyone calls me for aiming without ammo, my former students in (2) have agreed to be identified in any litigation Dekkers may wish to bring as a result of this post.

Stay away from Ambassador...that's my advice.

F900B
15th Nov 2001, 09:28
Yes i agree too. Loads of promises all talk no action....Mr. Dekkers has a better chance pissing againest the wind than setting up an airline.

And i also see the the Florida air web site is no longer there just some Crap about starting an airline in the next couple of days lol.....only in Florida boys and girls

That's like saying we have mailed in the coupon from the Kellogg's box for our FAA airline certificate any day now.....

QUERY
15th Nov 2001, 15:59
'If the demise of SFT left a large unpaid bill (Rumored between 40k and 60k), its about time someone got him for a change. Well done SFT.'
Don't want to get involved with Dekker debates but, if he as sharp as you say, he wouldn't have given the Bournemouth boys any credit.
My point is that above 'Well done' wish was totally insensitive to the plight of any Wannabes who have been abandoned by S...FT.
Have any students been stranded in Florida?
Is no-one concerned about what happened to them?

Facts Not Fiction Pls
15th Nov 2001, 22:47
Query

I don't think that you get it!!!!

The comments about getting it back in spades were concerning a business man who by the sounds of it has been activley screwing people! The fact is it has been thrown back in his face for a change.

No-one would ever laugh in the face of students who have lost a lot of money, however if there was any good to come out of it this by the looks of is it! :p

[ 15 November 2001: Message edited by: Facts Not Fiction Pls ]

[ 15 November 2001: Message edited by: Facts Not Fiction Pls ]

QUERY
16th Nov 2001, 04:05
Oh yes, I did get it but, as I have made clear, I did not wish to get involved with the Naples/Ambassador/Huffman/Dekkers debate.
I'm not saying you're wrong either about their reputation or to gloat over any shafting by S...FT, if another operator was only getting a dose of their own medicine.
I was simply suggesting (and you seem to agree) that the primary concern on this forum should be the consequences for apparently innocent Wannabes, so any answers on their fate and fortunes in the aftermath?

DownIn3Green
16th Nov 2001, 04:09
Query,

And you are right, that was the purpose of my post starting this topic in the first place...good luck to all of the guys coming up.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
16th Nov 2001, 05:01
Query,

You said "Is no-one concerned about what happened to them?"

My Post from 05 November 2001
--------------------------------------------
Naples Air Center, Inc.
Just another number

Member # 39474
posted 05 November 2001 21:17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
spitfire747,
If you already have the tickets and are coming to Florida, come see me. I will give you the aircraft time for nothing to complete your night rating, just pay the instructor's time. (Since they need to eat too.)

Actually I will make this offer to help anyone that was coming to the U.S. via SFT and were burned. I do not want to see anyone lose out on their dream of flying.

Tele: US +941-643-1717
Fax: US +941-643-7794

Sincerely,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.

--------------------
www.naples-air-center.com (http://www.naples-air-center.com)

Teaching the World's Future Pilots Since 1975

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Naples, Florida U.S.A. | Registered: Aug 2001 | IP: Logged

-------------------------------------------

Spitfire747 is currently at my school. He has converted his license to a Restricted FAA PPL and is doing some hour building along with his night rating.

I did see the SFT Students the evening that SFT closed. Their car had broken down right by a busy intersection. I helped them get their car to a mechanic and drove one of them to their hotel. They were all in surprisingly good spirits, making jokes of their situation.

I wish them all the best of luck with the remainder of their training.

Naples Air Center, Inc.

QUERY
16th Nov 2001, 05:38
OK, that's two or three.

White_Arc
16th Nov 2001, 07:39
Come on Mr Rudi Dekkers...We all know that you look at these post's, because of the quick response you wrote to the first post written by DownIn3Green...So I put it to you that all these rumours are true, as we have not heard a whimper out of you since your one and only post..
What is happening ?
Are your aircraft safe ?
If you owe money,how does this effect the students (Because it looks like it does affect them these days)?
How many companies do you Own ?
Are these companies connected ? and if so, in what way i.e. If one goes down do they all go down ?
Please feel free to answer the above and more which you may think is relevant, and I am sure there will be many more from other wannabes, as you know the Truth is out there so please no more fake Tel Numbers or anything else which is fake or made up come to that.
I will look forward to your reply....

[ 16 November 2001: Message edited by: White Arc ]

Megaton
16th Nov 2001, 16:59
Query,

OK, that's two or three.
It must have hurt you to say that! :D

Ground-effect
16th Nov 2001, 21:23
Well Query - i am one one of the students left in Florida by SFT. The truth is that there is fourteen students that have lost between $7000 - $10000.

What we have been told is that Rudy never received the full amount from SFT and he "honoured our accounts" the amount that he should have received?? Now we pay him direct.

All we received was a fax from SFT stating there postition, and what hopes they had to sort the 'cash flow problem out'. If anyone has any advice on other schools please leave a email address and i will contact them. Many thanks SFT Survivor.

Facts Not Fiction Pls
16th Nov 2001, 21:29
Gropund effect -

Sorry to hear about your losses -

Can you clarify what you meant -

1.You say that you all lost between 7-10K.
2. Then you say that Rudy is honouring your accounts with what you had paid SFT.
3.Then you say you are paying him direct.

My question is, when you say that Rudy is honouring your account, did he credit your accounts with the 7-10K?

Facts

Ground-effect
16th Nov 2001, 21:38
SORRY,

he saids he only received half of what he should have. This amount he has honoured us the rest ( to finish multi, night, IMC ) we pay direct.

Facts Not Fiction Pls
16th Nov 2001, 22:10
Ground-Effect:

Don't mean to be presumptious Rudi, but I smell a rat after looking at your profile!

Profile for Ground-effect
Member Status: PPRuNe Line Training
Member Number: 44625
Email Address: [email protected]
Interests: Flying, surfing

Or is Rudi a popular name! :rolleyes:

Help me out with this one.

Facts

DownIn3Green
16th Nov 2001, 23:13
Good Call, Facts,

Not to diss you further, Ground, if in fact you are from the UK, shouldn't you be using "The Queen's English" and grammar, rather than the stilted, broken style of the member "Rudi Dekkers" towards the beginning of this thread?

On another note, someone contacted me today on behalf of a student of SFT/Ambassador.

This person tried to explain the situation, however I didn't quite understand what they were trying to say. In any case I told this person to have the student contact me directly and we could discuss the situation over a cold one somewhere in Naples over the weekend.

I hope they do, because Naples is a wonderful place to live, and a great place to fly. There are other schools here, and as posted here before, one owner is more than willing to help, which knowing his reputation around the field, (he's been here for a long time) he probably will help where he can.

So maybe things aren't as dark as they seem.

F900B
17th Nov 2001, 02:12
Guy's

Lets give Ground-effect a chance, he maybe one of the 14 students from SFT, the only really way to find out is, if someone knows one of the 14 and ask them and see if there is an SFT student named Rudi....

Also i did a search on the 941-261-9141 Mr Dekkers left for every one to call, and it turns out to be a private number under another name which wont say but its not Frank stetson.....and its nothing to with a flight shop nor anywhere near the airport.

DownIn3Green
17th Nov 2001, 02:34
As I said above, Iexpect (hope) this individual from SFT/Ambassador will contact me, and if so, I will prob get an answer to 900B's question.

However, my aim in initiating this thread was and remains to assist students in making an educated choice.

No one should have to mortgage their house to line Ambassador or it's owners pockets.

Here's another question: Does a felony conviction cause one to lose their "Green Card" status? Maybe the US INS would be interested in this thread?

White_Arc
17th Nov 2001, 03:10
F900B if you read the thread after Rudi Dekkers you will find the the real phone number was given out by Florida Air :rolleyes:

Naples Air Center, Inc.
17th Nov 2001, 03:43
Query,

I have good news update for you. Spitfire747 just completed his night rating with a week to spare before his flight back to England.

Have a great weekend,

Naples Air Center, Inc.

F900B
17th Nov 2001, 04:10
White Arc

I was well aware of the correct number been give out, my point was to confirm that the number had nothing to do with the person Mr Dekkers had posted for people to call and more importantly to show people that this person has a trail of lies and deception. Its only a matter of time before it catchs up with Mr Dekkers.

DownIn3Green
17th Nov 2001, 06:29
My suggestion would be to call the Collier County Airport Authority and register any complaints you may have with Rudi Dekkers or Ambassador Airways.

The number is +1 941 642 7878. This is the controlling body of the Naples Airport Authority, and actually holds public hearings regarding airport business on a regular basis.

The dates and times of the meetings can be found by calling that number, and public speakers (regardless of the status of the person speaking) are welcome.

The Collier County Airport Authority is above the Naples Airport Authority, if that makes any sense.

Anyway...go for it guys...get up and speak your mind at the next meeting!!!

BelowTheLine
19th Nov 2001, 08:52
So what would the County Airport Board care whether Ambassador Airways is ripping students off or not?

Should not the persons concerned see about taking the flying school to the local magistrate?

I have heard this is quite easy to do in America.

Blackshirt
18th Dec 2001, 20:58
If Rudi Dekkers ever says to you the phrase 'I like you guys...', be afraid, be very afraid.

[ 18 December 2001: Message edited by: Blackshirt ]