PDA

View Full Version : Oman Air recruiting?

TUIFly
6th Jan 2014, 18:55
Hi folks,

Does anybody knows if Oman Air recruiting currently B737 FO?
friend of mine got invitation from agency that "recruits" for Oman Air, asking 500 USD deposit. Never heard reputable agency asking that.

Just if anybody knows is Oman recruiting or not at the moment?

Thanx!

keep_her_lit
6th Jan 2014, 19:18
Read somewhere on Pprune recently about someone who went to Istanbul for 'Oman Air recruitment' and it turned out to be a big scam..

TUIFly
6th Jan 2014, 19:40
Could not able to find anything.
can you PM me?

hhassan
7th Jan 2014, 09:59
Hey, I read the same thing a while ago but cludnt find the thread again. Anyway, the conclusion was that it turned to be a big scam. The guy said he went to istanbul for sim assessment, and found nothing of what he was told.

No reputable company would charge their future pilots for assessments.

BEWARE

Scott_T
7th Jan 2014, 10:36
I am pretty sure avia workforce and meccti are scams they say they recruit for Oman air, the website gives a phone number that does not work and an address at a building with no listed tenants.

ironbird123
7th Jan 2014, 17:27
Hey guys, hold on now, I did this interview/assessment recently and it was very LEGITIMATE. There is absolutely nothing wrong if a company choose to have an agency recruit their pilots. My current company does that, and that is how they recruit their pilots. Not because this may be your first time working with an agency and they require a deposit, it does not make the offer a scam. I did my assessment in Istanbul for Oman Air through Meccti, Aviation Workforce Agency and it went very well. Just be careful of WHO is saying the negative things about these people. Maybe they weren't successful in the assessment. Oman Air is recruiting and Meccti is the agency to contact if you are B737 typed and interested. People should not spread bad word simply because they are bitter.:=

samurai
7th Jan 2014, 17:39
I've never dropped deposit.:suspect:

Jurapilot
14th Jan 2014, 18:54
Hi All!

I was surprised reading that negative feedback about Meccti Aviation Workforce Agency. I've been on Oman Air interview in Istanbul in December. I was very satisfied. I enrolled to Oman Air with this Agency, and the whole procedure was correct. On the interview there where three gentlemen, a 737 instructor pilot, an Oman Air representative, and a Meccti representative. All of them were very kind with us. The transport was organized by the Agency, and the interview held in IFTC. Four F/Os at the same time from different countries. At the beginning started with a company introduction, followed by checking of personal documents together with the others, and then a technical interview. Some questions on systems limitations, ATPL theory. After this part I paid the 500 USD, to the Meccti representative. I didn't have to pay in advance, just on the day of the interview, according to the contract. (I think it is straightforward that you have to pay for an agency, if they organize an interview to an airline.) After that we had a briefing about the simulator part. The sim check was according to the brief, no rush, standard Boeing procedures. A few days later, I got an email from the Agency, that I passed the screening. Thats it! So I had very good experiences.

1234 Go
15th Jan 2014, 15:57
I totally agree with " jurapilot" about the statement of Oman Air assessment which was held at Istanbul last month, I was there too , I had the same way of treatment , everything were so organized and professionally handled

Some of the guys who actually failed they post some fake stories about Oman Air Scam assessment bla bla bla,,, I completely don't agree with him definitely that guy had some negative personality and bad attitude.

I did passed the assessment and I felt happy that I will be joining one of the fastest growth airlines in the gulf region .

I recommend all to take there chance if they are interesting to join this company its not a bad deal ,,, ITS WORTH IT

All candidates friend of mine that I was in touch with them admitted that the assessment were faire.

Good Luck For All

vfenext
15th Jan 2014, 16:16
Be very careful. The last two posts come from people new to Pprune. Looks like a setup to me. Never pay to be assessed, if you are good enough they pay you!

Capt Jack Rosen
15th Jan 2014, 17:20
its amazing how the positive posts always come from new ppruners... I did not know Oman Air was one of the fastest growth airlines in the gulf region.

guess they must have a secret order book we don't know off... maybe more planes on order that the big three...

ItsMeFromEarth
15th Jan 2014, 18:38
Guys, you can trace any website physical address where it is hosted, so if they dont pick up the phone, trace it, and call the company hosting the website, they will get you in contact with this speudo recruiting company

PanAmFalcon
15th Jan 2014, 20:03
Isn't it a bit off how 2 new members claimed that it isn't a scam....

This new member finds it oddly suspicious.Use extreme cautious and ask Oman Air for details regarding the matter!

gottofly
16th Jan 2014, 11:48
They are definitely hiring for OmanAir,
Few of my friends got through and are flying for Oman Air.500$ is fees for processing ,sim check etc and non-refundable.They will also deduct one time charge of $3500 from your first Oman Air salary.
Good luck.

gottofly
16th Jan 2014, 11:50
Sims were held previously at Istanbul and also in London at CTC center.

sondbird101
17th Jan 2014, 02:30
Scam - full stop. Nuff said.

1234 Go
17th Jan 2014, 14:29
It’s really makes me laughing when I read your post about new pprune users & the set up things , etc…. very intelligent thoughts http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif:D

well I guess this whole entire thread should be based on people experience and I just shared my personal experience wither u guys like it or not
for whom it may concern it could be useful information for him
and for other guys it could not and turn up to make it as scoff !!

Thank you MECCTI & Thanks for Omar Air I am forward to have a new challenge and start step ahead in my Aviation career history http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

jbgood
15th Feb 2014, 17:38
Are they interviewing for DEC A330?:D

av8r76
16th Feb 2014, 18:38
Don't really know what the applause is for but all 330 crewing is done internally. No direct entry onto the WB fleet.
MECCTI are obviously lurking on these forums. There is no upfront fees required now at the time of the sim eval and interview. All fees to be paid after joining WY in MCT. Also heads up on a technical written before the interview and sim.... FYI.
First hand info from guys who have recently gone through the assessment.
Good luck.

Flyboy_SG
20th Feb 2014, 06:23
Guys I got a call too. Dono whether it's fake or scam. They promise upgrade in 2 years. In my current company I'm up for upgrade. But poor roster and heavy income tax and many other issues. What's your pick guys ?

Farrell
20th Feb 2014, 10:29
They promise upgrade in 2 years

Don't have much experience in this region do you?

Boeingrestricted
20th Feb 2014, 11:23
This is a scam to begin with full stop !!!! Unless the company (whichever that might be) wants to hire monkeys to pay for everything and you apply to do just that. So pay for everything and you want to work for free, full stop again. THIS is reverse psychology - upside\down - out of this world principles etc.etc.etc. Now about IFTC, the ' founder' is an ex-airline employee from Dutch origin , who thrives on hours needing pilots. Be very very carefull He has a flightschool for the same purpose. Squeezing you out. (I really had a good laugh taking $3500 from your first salary, This is psychology. It results in the assumption that there are jobs to distribute by them). But if you have some spare peanuts why not :))) START your career as a PRO and continue it as such. Or start paying for being allowed to work and you will always continue bearing the needs of your employer. Its a choice you make ..........

Oh and regarding the positive posts by Ray-RJ from Jakarta the above founder has a deal with the Indonesian carrier LION through the flight school and so this can explain the positivity of the post. :E

Dking737
28th Feb 2014, 10:17
Hey Flyboy_SG, I am in the same boat as you but i have gone for the recent recruitment and i have got through the selection. The recruitment was pretty fair, the allegations made by the other pilots is false i can assure you that. I am also being offered an upgrade in the near future like you in my present company but this company has issues and if i do accept an upgrade then i will be signing a bond here and will be stuck here for a while. Even i have heard the same thing with Oman Air that they would be offering command in 2yrs as they are getting a lotta aircraft in the next few years, but i guess nobody can be that sure about the timeframe for command.In the past I have heard people had to wait for nearly 5 yrs before they got command on the 737. The first command will be on 737 but the minimum required time on type is 4000 hrs. Again once you join this company you will up for command only as per the seniority in the company. My take on it personally it is a very good company no doubt, I have spoken to a lot of pilots and they all seem to be happy there. I know the ultimate question is..... you leave your present airline(leaving your upgrade) and go ahead and join Oman............what if you dont get your command i the next 5yrs.

starkned007
28th Feb 2014, 19:25
You all must be wondering why so many new people are joining this forum and specially talking about Oman Air recruitment in specific. There are one set of people who say the recruitment done by the agency is a scam and there is an other set which says the recruitment was fair/legitimate. Well i have a story of my own to tell. You will all be surprisred to known this, it is upto you all to decide what you want to make of it after you read the post.

I was very keen on joining this airline but was very sceptical about the agency. But i took a chance after i spoke to a few friends who went for the same assessment a few week before i went. My friends who went for this assessment felt it was a fair assessment. When i went there(istanbul) for the selection it was exactly very similar to what my friends had briefed me.

I was the second candidate to do the sim session. We were briefed by the Oman air recruitmnt officer on what the sin session was going to be. I must say the sim profile was decently manageable without breaking a sweat. It was a circuit pattern and a full stop, after that a V1 cut(engine severe damage) on take off and landing. You do a raw data on the final with single engine with a decent amount of crosswind, at minimums you are asked to go-around. You go-around and come back for a non precision approach with a full stop landing. According to me all this went off very well as it was a very simple and a standard sim profile for a 737.

The written exam was also quite simple, i mean if you know your systems decently enough you will sail through. Interview was again very straightforward with basic question on the aircraft(737) and why do you wana join this airline. Thats it, it was exactly tht. I get a mail after 10 days saying that i was not selected because my sim session did not go well enough. I must say i was never so well prepared in my life and this sim session was one of the best performances ever. And this is what they had to tell me.

I was truly disappointed with the kind of assessment because this sim session couldnt have been done better in my opinion. And the kind of people they have selected previously cant even fly the plane forget even maintaing straight and level with a engine failure. IF YOU ASK ME THIS IS A BLOODY SCAM. You call people all the way to Istanbul and after that I end up doing an awesome sim, and I am told that i am not selected because the sim could have been better.

airtractor
1st Mar 2014, 13:40
Stark...
They don't only look at your flying skills but mainly at your CRM skills, how you interact with the guy next to you..
Good luck to you.