PDA

View Full Version : I'm lost! help!!

Derek_cwj
5th Jan 2014, 21:23
Hi everyone.. I'm New to this forum and would greatly appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction,
Anyway, here's my question..
Im a current student of Aviation and would really love to start my flight training. Just as I was about to start..I came across..ctcwings offering jetstar asia cadet scheme.. Anyway I am a Singaporean, and would need to have a CAAS license in order to apply for the ACP(Advance cadet) for jetstar asia. I am currently in Australia and upon completing my flight training, I would be issued a CASA license, I'm 23 this year and my age is catching up with me, I have 1 more year until I complete my associate degree. My question is: should I wait till I graduate and join the ab initio phase, or carry on with flying parallel with my studies?

Note:
I am a Singapore citizen
I do NOT have Australia residency

THANKS!:ok:

redsnail
7th Jan 2014, 10:07
What were you going to do otherwise?

Derek_cwj
7th Jan 2014, 16:27
Hmm.. I can only choose one.. If I do wait a year, and risk the year and the chances of getting my license (casa) I will not be able to go back to Perth to complete my license because I am on a student visa... But if I carry on with flying.. I will be issued a casa license.. N not meet the requirement to enter the advance course.. Because I need a CAAS license and I will be stuck in Singapore with a casa license n my dreams would be crush.. And if I have my license.. I would also not be able to fly in Australia.. Because joining an airline there would require me to have a visa..I can only afford one.. Pay ctcwings or for my casa license..

1 pay for my flight training in Perth, (save a year, and hoping I would be able to join ctc with a conversation, with the conditions that CAAS requires for a conversion , also risk Not getting in.. N if don't get in ill be stuck with a casa license and also not be able to even take a cessna.. To fly at all in Singapore
2 wait for a year, join ctc, and if I do get in, I will be able to fly, but if I don't.. Than I will not have a license at all and no dream..