PDA

View Full Version : New Floatplane operator in Brisbane

BPA
5th Jan 2014, 07:11
Just came across this, good to see someone trying something different.

moretonbayseaplanes (http://www.moretonbayseaplanes.com/)

spinex
5th Jan 2014, 08:35
Good for them, a Beaver on floats is one I'd raid the piggy bank for.

madhun
5th Jan 2014, 09:14
Hard to go past a ride in a nice Beaver!

iPahlot
5th Jan 2014, 19:18
There was an indigogo campaign for this a while ago but I don't think he got the funds he required. :(

Hopefully he'll get it off the ground soon. :ok:

Flying Bear
5th Jan 2014, 20:17
I always wanted to have a go at a seaplane and to see an operator in Brisbane is awesome. I hope it gets traction.

Wouldn't take too much to get me home for a few days in order to learn something new...

However, a question for the floatplane pilots out there - I have also considered going to the States (or elsewhere O/S) to learn (combine holiday with floatplane course). Any recommendations on places to do it or experiences?? Not interested in a career in it (gone too far down another path now) but keen for the skills and fun-factor.

BTW, not wanting to hijack the thread, so if appropriate, PMs are good :)

noclue
5th Jan 2014, 21:53
Has this venture got anything to do with one that was being looked at for Perth's swan river?

rioncentu
5th Jan 2014, 22:32
Is that not the Beaver that has been parked at Gladstone for some months now?

falconx
6th Jan 2014, 00:58
It is indeed VH-IDO and it's staying in Gladstone

rocket66
20th Nov 2014, 20:31
I know the operator personally and things are still going ahead, will be based at the new Sandstone Point Resort development so I think he is waiting for that to be finished off.

Will be awesome once it gets going though!

YPJT
20th Nov 2014, 22:42
Has this venture got anything to do with one that was being looked at for Perth's swan river?
Catalina Cranks up Swan Service (http://www.businessnews.com.au/article/Catalina-cranks-up-Swan-service)
Not sure if there is any relationship between the two but looks like the Perth operation might finally get the go ahead. Although with some fairly tight enviro restrictions.

Mack is a pretty tenacious businessman so it will be interesting to see if he can transfer his success in the industrial safety arena to aviation.

aileron_69
21st Nov 2014, 07:52
VH-IDO, that would be the Beaver that the self proclaimed "Worlds Greatest Bush Pilot" flipped in Talbot bay in 2009 when he tried to put it on the water with the wheels down.

MakeItHappenCaptain
21st Nov 2014, 11:02
Possibly a Wilga appearing around the Sunny Coast soon too!:ok:

iPahlot
22nd Nov 2014, 01:31
Most of the pictures are when IDO was in cairns and one is of CXS, another beaver in cairns.

One of the photos features a prolific PPRUNE picture poster... Let's call him "elton" ;)

onehitwonder
25th Nov 2014, 18:35
What happen to mack and swan?