PDA

View Full Version : Falcon 900 PPI.....

ediks
2nd Jan 2014, 19:53
I would appreciate pms from anyone who can put me in touch with an expert who can do a thorough PPI on a Falcon 900 in the US.
Many thanks in advance.

LGW Vulture
2nd Jan 2014, 20:19
You should only do a PPI through an authorised service centre. To provide you with added "peace of mind" you should also seek an experienced person to oversee that PPI. Now a lot of that insecurity from your side can be eliminated once you have sourced both an independent facility and person to oversee the job. That again can only be done when you know where the aircraft has been maintained throughout its previous life.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything further. Be careful out there, its a big investment you're making.

Mizuno boy
2nd Jan 2014, 21:06
Agree with LGW on going to an authorized service center and getting someone with experience to help.
DFJ in Wilmington has been good for us(couple of C checks along with routine maintenance)
Fell free to PM if you have any questions.

Cheers
MB

robbreid
2nd Jan 2014, 21:43
Agreed;

DAS - Wilmington (http://www.dassaultfalcon.com/en/CustomerService/worldwide-presence/Pages/Dassault-Aircraft-Services-Wilmington.aspx)

ediks
2nd Jan 2014, 22:06
Grateful for the prompt replies!
It just seemed a bit daunting not knowing where to start.

LGW Vulture
3rd Jan 2014, 08:01
I'm sending a PM to Ediks on the matter but let me tell you, we recently took a Falcon to Wilmington for a PPI - we were selling it. It was nothing short of awful the way both Purchaser and Seller were dealt with by DFS - never again! I love the way they all down tools at 2.00pm on a Friday for their ritual 2 hour meetings!! Customer Service? Jeez, its almost as if they've walked straight out of Saint Cloud! :ugh:

No RYR for me
3rd Jan 2014, 08:12
It just seemed a bit daunting not knowing where to start. In that case don't start: find an experienced rep to help you. Just did a PPI on a 900 and the rep was worth his weight in gold because of the corrosion he helped finding.... :(

fescalised portion
4th Jan 2014, 03:27
I would highly recommend West Star in East Alton IL. I have put a 604 and a CJ2 through there in the last 6 months, with great success. They are very good with Falcons too....PM me if you need a contact there.