PDA

View Full Version : Groundschool

oceanicclarence
3rd Feb 2002, 23:17
Hi all, im about to start distance learning atpl course with Bristol and am looking for advice on study methods, for example where did you find you where able to study best? at work? home? is it a case of just getting the books out and reading? making notes? did you use a pc? how long to study for? etc etc etc, im a PPL,IMC,150 hours, doing a night rating and hoping to do a multi in the USA later in the year, i work full time as a vehicle tech 0830-1700 hours 5 days a week and i am also on call nights and weekends as a Retained Firefighter!(pays for the flying!) but i am motivated and keen after some PPSC 'unpleasantness'im not worried at all about timescales because its going to take me an age so im resigned to this fact, also, if im a 28 yr old PPL and i have a class one medical how long is it valid for? i had my initial at gatwick but that was 3 years ago, do you have to get it revalidated every year if you are just using it for PPL priviledges? seems silly, i still have a class 2 but worried i may have to go back to gatters for another prodding ! any help or advice greatly appreciated ! fly safe.

emu
4th Feb 2002, 05:35
If you let the Class 1 lapse it downgrades to a Class 2 for next 4 years. For up to 2 years the revalidation of the Class 1 is with your local AME. Between 2 and 4 years it is again with the AME but he/she has to consult Gatwick. >4 years from renewal date its back to Gatwick for a full initial.

Send Clowns
4th Feb 2002, 13:14
Study technique is very personal, but the most important part is discpline. You must put in the work, and you must work at a subject area until you understand it (with help from the training provider if necessary). Therefore I would place an environment where you will not be distracted and regular self assesment as high prioritites.

If you feel you need any more personal help than distance learning can provide then get in touch (email address in my profile). I give private tuition, and know many others who do too, between us covering all subjects.

Best of luck!