PDA

View Full Version : Should I Give Up On VB

OZ-FLYBOY
13th May 2002, 12:24
Hi, well it's been like two weeks since my Virgin Blue interview and still no response. They said 4 weeks but i guess if they wanted me than i would have found out by now. I really really wanted to work for a great airline like Virgin Blue but i guess i wont. This is such an important time for me now because if i dont get this job than i am leaving australia and going to work in the UK. That means no more flying untill i get back and after 6 months i can apply again. is there still hope for me?

Cart_tart
13th May 2002, 15:32
There are many more airlines around than just VB oz.
But if VB are who you want to work for then don't give up. Keep on trying!
Some others you may want to consider in the mean time are....

National Jet Systems
Impulse
Eastern
Skippers
Network
Air North
Skywest
not forgetting Qantas
and the soon to be recruiting...Australian. (ads in 18th May!!)

There are more but they are the only ones I can think of right now.
You could try Kendall and Hazleton but I really don't know what's going on there or if they're still around for that matter.

Never give up Oz. Testimony from many fellow ppruners is proof that you will get there when the time is right for you.

Goodluck!
CT

FloatJockey
13th May 2002, 15:38
I'm just another wannabe (I tried DJ amongst others) so don't take me for granted...

If they say 4 weeks it is because they MEAN 4 weeks. If you went through stage 2, then it is "kind of ok" to give them a call and check... If you only participated to an assessment day yet, then just be patient, they only used 50 % of the 4 weeks they want you to wait for their decision. Maybe they will interview other people first, then go through some more resumes and pick yours out of the bunch... You'd never know!

The best thing you can do is to keep struggling with your impatience and bring your mobile to the toilet.... :D

Good luck! I keep my little toes crossed (I need my fingers to write...) :)

Mrs. FloatJcokey

Jerry Attrick
13th May 2002, 20:34
Cart tart, do you know if any of those airlines are interviewing/recruiting at the moment?

jayne
17th May 2002, 22:38
Impulse( Qanatas-link) are recruiting for Sydney and Hobart bases now. Get in quick while you can. I know for a fact that Virgin are absolutely snowed under with recruitment and recieve at least 250 calls a day so hang in there. No news is good news.
Jaynexoxo