PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Option?

kuriosity
30th Dec 2013, 13:42
Hello, all.

I must be the only one (or not) who does not want to work with an airliner, so i will only want to know, what is the best route to obtain my license, for what i want.

I only want to work with planes like Cessna, KingAir, Piper (only TurboProp), and maybe, maybe, maybe latter with jets like Embraer, LearJet.

I'm very confused, because i know there is a PPL, a CPL a Frozen ATPL, and ATPL. So what is the right license for what i want to work with?

The other thing i know is that today aviation is more a slavery then a "Dreams Job" we have to pay a lot of money just to be able to work, and sometimes i dont know if it compensates that "Dream" factor.

So what is the best route to do what i want to do?
I can work anywhere in the world, since pilots must have that abillity.

Thanks for the help!

Bealzebub
30th Dec 2013, 14:07
What is it that you are hoping to achieve?

I only want to work with planes like Cessna, KingAir, Piper (only TurboProp), and maybe, maybe, maybe latter with jets like Embraer, LearJet. This doesn't really mean very much since you have listed a mixture of manufacturers and aircraft types. In a fiercely competitive marketplace it is difficult to understand why you would "only want to work" on this slightly eclectic collection of aircraft and generic manufacturers.

There are opportunities in general aviation in many parts of the world, some more than others. Flight instruction, air taxi, "bush" flying tourists and company support. Many of these opportunities are fiercely fought over by people who themselves often use these routes as "stepping stones" on to further career advancement.

At least two of the manufacture/types you mention are mainly found in business jet operations which itself is a fiercely competitive career path, or third tier (regional) airline operations.

There are many forums here that have a wide variety of contribution and discussion on the many career paths that might dovetail from the acquisition of a professional qualification. You would be well advised to research much deeper, and have a clearer understanding of what it is that you are asking, in order to get anything other than a vague reply.

One thing you should be aware of though, is that it is an extremely crowded marketplace. That is particularly so at "entry level" and there are no easy pathways.

kuriosity
30th Dec 2013, 15:29
Many thanks for the reply Bealzebub.

What im trying to achieve, is going only for the private and "tourist" career, like NetJets and so on (this only have jets, but my main focus is only turboprops), things like this.
Guess the market for this ones are USA and Africa right now.

"One thing you should be aware of though, is that it is an extremely crowded marketplace. That is particularly so at "entry level" and there are no easy pathways."

You call it like "entry level" but i have seen that for being a Captain in a KingAir for applications require like 2.000h of flying, wtf?
How can that being call "easy path"?