PDA

View Full Version : FAA IR to EASA IR conversion - how many hours?

DiamondC
30th Dec 2013, 08:27
For an FAA IR to EASA IR conversion, the minimum requirement is 15 hours conversion training (?), however I have heard that usually more hours are required. For those who have converted their IR, how many hours / weeks did the conversion take?

onthetop
6th Jan 2014, 06:22
Do you happen to know, what is it takes to convert the FAA ATP to EASA and how long via who?
Thanks in advance

boga
6th Jan 2014, 18:22
There is no minimum more than the fact that an FAA IR is 45 hours and EASA is 50, so if you did the FAA IR in minimum time, you have to do 5 hrs to fulfill the EASA requirement.

However, that will probably not be enough to lift you up to EASA standard, normally 15 hrs or so will be required. Unless you took the FAA license on a Garmin 1000, then you have to start from scratch. G1000 is too easy and do not give the knowledge to fly analogue instruments.

Additionally you need an EASA Night Qualification.

zondaracer
6th Jan 2014, 19:56
I did 10 in the sim and 7 in the plane to convert my IR at Aerodynamics, Malaga. This is back when the CAA required 10 in sim and 5 in the plane. I felt that the 10 in the sim was excessive and could have been reduced to 5 or less.

PA28-16
7th Jan 2014, 10:09
Dear Friend
I have just convert my FAA IR/ME to EASA at Greece at Skies Aviation Academy
Hours required is 15. 10 hours on SIM ALX and 5 Hours on DA42. Completed within 1 week.

Regards

maximus610
7th Jan 2014, 11:53
I did my conversion at Keilir, last December: 10h in single and 6.4h in multi

and 1.5h multi skill test.

DiamondC
7th Jan 2014, 21:18
maximus610, PA28-16, zondaracer - thanks for details on the hours for your conversions, very helpful! At the time you did your conversions, what experience did you have (e.g. number of hours)? I'm conscious that if you were already experienced professional pilots, you would probably require fewer hours for the conversion.

boga - appreciate the update on EASA requirements. I already have a night rating (on my CPL) so covered.

Umar96
16th Aug 2017, 19:50
Maximus please help i got my Faa IR with all the pic requirements and 40 hours dual i wana do the conversion and continue my CPL training in a easa school is that possible ? Please lemme know about it . I have heard it would be cheaper this way
Thank you