PDA

View Full Version : AirNav VFR

kaz3g
30th Dec 2013, 08:22
I have been a loyal supporter of AirNav VFR for many years. I ran it on a laptop blue toothed to a GPS receiver and linked the laptop to a TFT screen in the front of the cockpit. The moving map facility was really great and I paid my not inexpensive subscription (2x cost of my Ozrunways subscription) by direct debit as it fell due. I even purchased one of their tablet GPS units which I found terribly clunky and quickly changed over to an iPad and Ozrunways.

Some 15 months ago, I began to have trouble getting the program to work. I paid a computer tech to play with it but with no luck. He suggested the GPS receiver may be at fault. Recently I purchased a new dual 160 and spent more money trying to get it to work.

The tech finally advised that, although the Dual was communicating with the laptop and with other applications, it was not communicating with the program.
I contacted the software distributor and asked for a refund as the goods sold to me were not fit for purpose. I reminded them I had been a long term loyal customer. My last payment was only provided about a month ago.Their email response is copied below.

I understand where you are coming from and am happy to cancel your subscription however will not be providing a refund.

The GPS side of the software has not been supported for many years (we haven’t been selling any new units either) and we haven’t been charging for support for it also for many years. The software itself hasn’t changed as far as the GPS is concerned and our PC software is still built for PC, we have a separate iPad app to support our iPad customers which doesn’t mean that our PC software is designed for the iPad only.

Our product is fit for its purposes, it does what we advertise it to do and although you are having the issues you are having (which I have been more than willing to help you and your tech support people with as much as we can), the issues you are having haven’t been experienced by any of our other users.

It’s unfortunate that you are choosing to cancel your subscription and we thank you for your continued support over the years. I have now cancelled your subscription effective today.

Many Thanks,

Pete Smith
AirNav VFR Sales Support

Anyone using the program should perhaps consider its future.

Kaz