PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Accomidation in SY

Justtryingtolearn
30th Dec 2013, 06:21
Hi Ladies and Gents, I am being based in SY(Mascot) starting next year and I am wondering if anyone on here has any information in regards to rental accommodation for pilots based in SY however have there family living interstate. Just looking for one room. Does anyone know of someone that has a liveable garage etc very close to Mascot? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have checked the common flat mate websites etc...just wasn't sure if there is a few " pilot houses" that have openings. Thanks in advance.

Capt Fathom
30th Dec 2013, 09:52
I think you will have trouble finding accomidation anywhere! :uhoh:

Valdiviano
30th Dec 2013, 09:58
Try Gumtree

nitpicker330
30th Dec 2013, 10:22
Have any Qantas or Virgin mates?

They have a lot of commuters that rent share rooms in SYD. :ok:

pull-up-terrain
30th Dec 2013, 21:34
.Does anyone know of someone that has a liveable garage etc very close to Mascot?

Have you looked at Wolli Creek? I know a couple of pilots and LAME's who commute interstate/regional nsw and live in a shared apartment at Wolli Creek. There is no need for a garage because they just walk 2 minutes up the street to the train station and hop on a train which is a couple of minutes away from both the domestic and international terminals. The rent there isn't too bad too supposedly.

Shagpile
1st Jan 2014, 03:58
I think you will have trouble finding accomidation anywhere!

Why is why my new years resolution is no more pprune in 2014. Goodbye!

Ascend Charlie
1st Jan 2014, 04:23
What a pussycat! Only lasted 5 years! You'll never succeed in this industry with skin so thin...

pilotbc69
2nd Jan 2014, 08:28
There is a woman who owns a number of houses in Mascot who rents rooms to pilots and charges a daily rate. Sorry I dont know her contact info butsurely someone on here will. I have friends who commute and stayed there and it seems to work great.

Altimeters
5th Jan 2014, 03:09
Yep that's the one! Much better than the surrounding hotels. Especially if you get the ones with an ensuite. :ok:

lvnthedream...
5th Jan 2014, 03:38
Does anybody have contact details for Sunnys? I keep hearing of it but no one can give me the details.

minimum_wage
5th Jan 2014, 03:55
Fathom; what a f:mad:wit. Typical response from a sky god oztranaut.