PDA

View Full Version : EK flight pay and days off

apron
29th Dec 2013, 04:20
Hi guys,
Where can I find the EK flight pay amounts for cpt and fo respectively. Also is there a day off payment that applies to day off that are used for duty??

Many thanks,

sheiken around
29th Dec 2013, 11:42
One would sincerely hope that this question is a joke....right?!?!

I hope that no EK pilot in their right mind would willingly work on a day off!! Surely the goodwill etc that has, and is, being displayed to Flight Crews would have put an end to this practice!!

Nevertheless, we'll probably still see people complaining about being "screwed" whilst working on a day off.

Wizofoz
29th Dec 2013, 12:20
What a silly response to a reasonable question!

Apron- off the top of my head, but in the vicinity of 600 and 480 dhs per scheduled block hour/ day off is around 1200.

I'm sure someone with a better grasp than I will give you the exact figures, but it is in that vicinity.

Dropp the Pilot
29th Dec 2013, 12:39
By "in the vicinity of" do you mean "wrong by a factor of 10"? The actual amounts are 60 and 45 dirhams. That could make a difference in the "net monthly" calculation.

Wizofoz
29th Dec 2013, 12:46
OOPS!

Quite right Drop- been flying all night!

Trader
29th Dec 2013, 14:16
And I believe the EXTRA pay is around 600 dhms (for Captains). This is call out pay and is a lump sum regardless of how many days you may fly.

The real issue, below the low pay, is that with the hours we are flying if you do fly on a day off you can be sure that the rest of your roster will be disrupted to remain legal. Or they will pull a flight to keep you under the productivity threshold :(

Schnowzer
29th Dec 2013, 14:52
Dropp, Wizz was right, just nipping out to the Ferrari dealership:ok:

halas
29th Dec 2013, 14:54
And now the lawyer of someones ex has just received that little bit extra info to screw him.
Well done.

halas

fliion
29th Dec 2013, 15:01
On a related note.

I haven't heard of anybody being called on days off to 'volunteer' in recent times.

Has this started again?

f.

donpizmeov
29th Dec 2013, 15:11
Halas,

Apron is ok. He is a wee sprog of a 777 FO who has just finished updating his logbook and finds time on his hands now.

The don

White Knight
29th Dec 2013, 18:42
And now the lawyer of someones ex has just received that little bit extra info to screw him.
Well done.

And so what if it is! Maybe 'he' needs to be screwed! Figuratively of course:D

CAYNINE
29th Dec 2013, 21:08
God I work with some incredibly intelligent people.... not.

It was a question. :D

apron
30th Dec 2013, 19:37
It was more related to the day off payment. I knew it was low but not that low. Never have sold days, I work for my days off! But interestly ops thought they could just take a day off from a published roster. Ummmm....nope.

The don your revealing yourself...'mate' ;)

apron
30th Dec 2013, 19:41
Brief Payscale (please state whether before or after tax) (please ignore if the detailed payscale above is up to date)
last update

Capt top AED 58,260 24/Dec/13
Capt base AED 36,140
24/Dec/13
FO top AED 30,230 24/Dec/13
FO base AED 25,320 24/Dec/13
SO top

SO base
FE top
FE base
submit new information

Halas....spouse the details of our salary and flight pay are a secret....oops, I meant spose....taken from ppjn

SOPS
30th Dec 2013, 20:47
Interesting to note, Tiger Airways in Australia, the super low low cost airline, their new EBA pays overtime at $140 an hour after 55 hours, and the call out pay for a day off is $1000, and the base for a A320 Captain is $170000. This is all based on flying 577 hours a year. I'm up to above 900 this year. Something is not right.

TheColonel
30th Dec 2013, 22:24
You forget one minor detail... :)

Aussie Tax :ok:

donpizmeov
31st Dec 2013, 02:28
They try the taking the day off thing every now and then. Just remind them the OMA states you need to agree to it and then, if for some reason you do, they need to pay up or give another day off.
The Ek day off payment is in AED the same amount that OZ LCC pay in AUD.
All the pay and allowance info is found in the pay and allowance manual. Which we don't have access to.
The pay scale use to be attached to the pay adjustment letter you receive each May. But, like the ability of taking leave when you wanted it, its a thing of the past.
Apron, I only did it once, and I am sure no one saw me do it. :E

The don

BigGeordie
31st Dec 2013, 05:03
Flight pay and payments for days off haven't gone up in years. Good job there is no inflation in Dubai or we could end up getting worse off every year.

Oh...

ruserious
1st Jan 2014, 06:11
Seriously we don't want more flight pay, otherwise we will end up like the CC where 50% of our wages is flight pay, so no provident contribution and in the unlikely event of a bonus, it is also predicated on our base pay.

So would much prefer a rise in base pay,much more useful

Dropp the Pilot
1st Jan 2014, 06:53
Captain top is 60,090.

If you are outside the fold you may not be aware that your pay is then fixed and every May you will receive a 'contract adjustment' which will state that you have again been judged to be 3% less valuable than your colleagues.

What that notion is based on I am not sure but I must admit that in my case (as judged by general demeanour, fitness for duty, and enthusiasm) it is a manifestly fair appraisal of my decline.

Praise Jebus
1st Jan 2014, 08:28
Don I know where the Pay and Allowances Manual (PAM), is located. It's located "There". In fact it's always been "There" just ask anyone on the office..... I don't know exactly where "There" is but I know for a fact that the PAM is "There" and it's not alone. It shares a shelf with the Rostering Rules and Regulations Manual (RRRM) thats always been "There" too.....

what_goes_up
1st Jan 2014, 14:52
And there's no call out at all if they take your day off to extend a trip you're already on.

If your down route, that is correct. If they change it before the trip starts, you don't have to accept. If you do... no money payed and no other off day given :(

SOPS
1st Jan 2014, 15:00
Had that happen on a couple of freighter trips. Departing later than rostered, day off just disappeared. When I asked I was told..yes we can do that....I don't bother asking any questions anymore.

what_goes_up
1st Jan 2014, 15:06
OK. Maybe I was just lucky then... Called in and was offered to be taken off the flight if I chose not to accept and put on Standby instead. Off day back on the roster...

ekpilot
1st Jan 2014, 15:42
If you take the basic salary of a first year captain (around 37000DHS) for 12 months divided by 900 hours... you get about about 500DHS per hours. When they ask you to work on a day off you get 1) 600DHS call 2) Nothing for every hours you do below 92 hours. 3) 600DHS overtime per hour (wow 100DHS bonus...and less than normal pay for senior Captains.) 4) flight pay. The company tries to pay no overtime. They will offer you to work on your days off probably because you are below overtime threshold. So you work for 100 DHS/hours more than usually if you go in overtime. But below 92 you work for nothing ( 600 + flights hours divided by hours ) When i see guys offering 2000DHS for my day OFF and I do a LHR for example I laugh. It should be( 600DHS + 14:30 hours X 500 DHS)= 7850DHS. Why should i work for less money when i do more work?

Basically productivity wise you work for less money on your days OFF and a big 100 DHSHour for junior Captain and less money for senior pilot. If top is 58000DHSX12/900=773DHS per hours. Why work for less on your days OFF????
Pilots and money... no way! And everybody knows...

Keep on flying on your days OFF for peanuts...:ugh:

glofish
1st Jan 2014, 16:02
.... and keep in mind that they will try to get you work on a day off as long as you are below 92h, just to take away a flight from a guy who was over that threshold, even if it was his top-bidded last goodie-flight of the month!

They pay less in total (remember cost-neutral?) and you cheat a buddy out of a goodie.

Imagine this happening to you .... so better think twice.