PDA

View Full Version : Sovereign+ is certified

His dudeness
24th Dec 2013, 14:26
Cessna receives FAA certification, begins deliveries of new Citation Sovereign+ (http://www.cessna.com/company-info/newsroom-and-events/cessna-delivers-first-newly-certified-renamed-citation-sovereignplus)

falconer1
31st Dec 2013, 05:51
Your Dudeness,

understand that over in Wichita they are dressing up a new version of your old hangar queen…

BUT from your posts from the past, am still conivinced that you are overdue for something like this…

The ultimate combination of range, agility and comfort (http://www.dassaultfalcon.com/en/Aircraft/Models/2000LXS/Pages/overview.aspx)

or this…

Overview (http://www.dassaultfalcon.com/en/Aircraft/Models/2000S/Pages/overview.aspx)

His dudeness
31st Dec 2013, 08:18
falconer,

understand that over in Wichita they are dressing up a new version of your old hangar queen…

Whilst the plus is just an update - I´d love to have have it just to get rid of the Honeywell EPIC in our current slowtation. -> the EASY seems to be better, or so they say at least...
From a first glance at the preliminary data I got from Cessna, we would not really benefit from the new Sov, since it grew in weight...and buying an aeroplane just because we dislike the avionics might be a bit out of proportion. OTOH the boss liked the airplane on the demo flight we had very much.

I already tried to make a case for the 2000S, yet 'they' don´t bite...

Falcon/Dassault seems to be a bit late with the numbers, especially SF1+slats is apparently not published yet. It might be possible that we could get a better weight/TODR ratio out of that, important because of our homebase being short and requiring good gradients in second segment.
Before I´ll get back to the boss, I need to have everything calculated...

BTW, first trip next year will involve at least 2 fuel stops and would be without these in the 2000LXS.

falconer1
31st Dec 2013, 08:32
the "numbers" in regards to field performance for both the F2000S and the F2000LXS are an interesting subject…

insofar, as I understand it, Dassault, when they first came out with the "LX" winglet'ted version of the F2000, they never recertified the Take-Off and Landing numbers from the original EX without the winglets..you dont have to as an OEM if the numbers are not worse than before…guess for cost reasons they did not do that..

now comes the interesting part…

as I understand it, when they certified the new field performance for the full span slat versions for both the F2S and the F2LXS the numbers were quite a bit better than Dassault already envisioned and had calculated, simply because for the first time in addition to the new slat and flaps config for the first time the effect of the winglets were also exactly measured…

I guess all the numbers must be out now as both the S and LXS have a new pergormance section in the AFM reflecting the new numbers…

guess if you contact your Dassault sales rep they should be able to give you new hard field performance numbers for any route and airport analysis you may need for the S and/or LXS models…as I understand it those new numbers are pretty amazing..

just a hint...

His dudeness
31st Dec 2013, 08:49
Thanks f1, I am in contact with Dassault, but the SF1-Slats data aren't out yet.

They hoped to get em before years end, but didn`t.

falconer1
31st Dec 2013, 10:09
I see…

well, have a good new 2014..

happy landings for the New Year..

CaptainProp
31st Dec 2013, 10:36
Someone mentioned here on another thread that they were flying one of the early F2000S'. Perhaps this person would be able to assist you with the numbers?

CP