PDA

View Full Version : Half Way through degree with Problem...

Senyo
24th Dec 2013, 11:58
Hello All, I'm in my second year of Uni and supposed to go and complete my atpl theory, starting this January, come back for the third year of Uni, and then finish the practical side after graduating. I'm intending on doing my training in Germany , and have been told last week by the bank financing me that it wouldn't be wise take a break, like how the Uni wants me too, because by the time I come back from the third year and complete my practical training I would have around 5 months of the grace period left on the loan, I know it is not possible to get a job within that time because of the time it takes for the licence , and the time it may take to actually get a job which I have taken all into consideration.

My question now is considering my option that I could take a gap year after completing my theory and just carry on and finish the practical all in one go , until around 2015 June, which will give me one year to search for a job and time to start paying back the loan, from then I wanted to do the finish of the degree part time when I had everyone sorted, but my problem is that I wouldn't have a degree on my CV during that one year whilst I'm searching for my job, which I'm sure could help me in my job chances. I could however finish my degree without the commercial side in between ,( Air Transport and Airport Management) , but I would first have to wait till September to do my second year and then my third year, because off course I originally opted do it with the commercial side in between, and now its January it would be too late to simply join the people in the second year of Uni, and im not too keen on a 9 month wait either...

If anyone can help me or have any other suggestions please do let me know would be very much appreciated.