PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Information 119.875

fisbangwollop
24th Dec 2013, 11:24
Seasonal greetings to you all from the boys and girl at Scottish Information. It's been great to hear your dulcet tones all year and indeed meet some of you face to face........keep up the good work, stay safe and good aviating to you all in 2014 :cool::cool::cool:

Dave Wilson
24th Dec 2013, 11:27
Same to you, thanks for the service.

2high2fastagain
24th Dec 2013, 11:40
Thanks and I hope you and your colleagues have a safe and peaceful Christmas. Always grateful for the friendly service which we value highly. We had one of our most memorable flights this year from Glenforsa to Donegal via Islay's overhead. Not many people have filed a flight plan for that trip I'll bet (puts his tin hat on). However, despite having several visits to Scotland this year, we were never on frequency when you were. Still, there's always next Spring.

Don't envy the chaps on duty today. QNH 952 at Oban and 936 at Stornoway. That point where we usually lose you in the Firth of Lorne will be a lonely and windy place today.

Jonzarno
24th Dec 2013, 13:17
Many thanks from me as well for another year of great service and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year to all there.

Especially to the controller I spoke to last week on my way home from Prestwick who told me when I called for a radio check after not hearing anything for about ten minutes that I was the only aircraft on channel :)

Crash one
24th Dec 2013, 14:07
Merry Xmas Fisbang and all over there. Much appreciated service.

asitwas
24th Dec 2013, 17:27
Merry Xmas from us here on the windswept IOM.

Will speak to you again soon if the weather ever gets better !!

140KIAS
24th Dec 2013, 17:42
All the best to you and your colleagues, hopefully we'll get a short respite in this weather and speak to you at somepoint

piperboy84
24th Dec 2013, 20:55
Merry Xmas to you FSB and the rest of the folks at SI from the windy braes of Angus. Be talking to you a soon as this weather calms down.

airpolice
24th Dec 2013, 21:11
We'll all try to stay safe and you try to stay away from the biscuits.

soaringhigh650
25th Dec 2013, 03:17
And a very merry christmas to you fisbangwallop.

Thank you for the excellent service.

:ok:

OhNoCB
25th Dec 2013, 13:20
Merry Christmas and thank you for the service. Always a pleasure to speak with you and your colleagues on our jaunts across to Newcastle.

Flyingmac
25th Dec 2013, 18:52
All the best and many thanks for the friendly voice when droning over the spiky bits in iffy weather.:ok:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
25th Dec 2013, 19:07
Wow.. soaringhigh650 being nice to UK ATC!

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus....

fisbangwollop
25th Dec 2013, 22:46
Heathrow Director Wow.. soaringhigh650 being nice to UK ATC!

Provide a good service and everyone appreciates it :cool:

soaringhigh650
26th Dec 2013, 01:36
soaringhigh650 being nice to UK ATC!

I'm actually quite nice. Only stroppy to the select few who keep asking me for money. ;)

piperboy84
13th Jan 2014, 18:30
Hey FSB

Was that you I was rambling to on Sunday over Carnoustie if so sorry I forgot to flip the radio from SI to leuchars, when I asked for a transition from who I thought was Leuchars they came back with a whole bunch of questions like departure and destination etc. that I don't normally get from them, I commented to my better half that leuchars must have gotten to be right nosey bastards she responded " your still on Scottish ya moron and the guy has told you that twice"