PDA

View Full Version : working over Christmas

newfieboy
24th Dec 2013, 02:33
Wasn't planning on it but due w/x complications avec un gross f###king ice storm and delays moving SLF around the Eastern part of Canuckland guess I am now. Although propping up the Mapleleaf lounge bar in Toronto is easy money I guess. Oh well another Xmas on the hoof....joys of a touring pilot.....Anyways boys/girls flying over the break, be safe and enjoy. Once did 8 hrs end of a longline doing seismic on Xmas day....very enjoyable once I got the ADF tuned into the only station we could find on Cold Lake Weapons Range....bloody Xmas tunes just about had us brainwashed by end of shift. Joyeux Noel, Merry Xmas from Canada.

Senior Pilot
24th Dec 2013, 06:11
nb,

Enjoy the flying; there's always something about flying around in a Santa suit but it does tend to wear off by lunchtime :p

To all Rotorheads, have a very Merry Christmas and for those flying wherever they are in the world: blue skies and a constant tailwind :ok:

Lioncopter
24th Dec 2013, 10:28
Merry Christmas Everyone who will be working tomorrow.

And SP can you moderate with the weather in the Outer Hebrides please!

Helilog56
24th Dec 2013, 15:03
And a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Istanbul....a long way from B.C. :)

Hedski
24th Dec 2013, 15:17
Merry Christmas from the eastern Atlantic shore.

PS: thought you were all tough and the WX was childsplay Lion....:}

sycamore
24th Dec 2013, 17:25
SP-except for T/O and landings.....

katismo
24th Dec 2013, 20:48
Merry Christmas from EMS base at Southern Finland. :ok:

Lioncopter
24th Dec 2013, 22:12
Hedski

Don't want the children missing out on Santa this year due to weather :ok:

GrandPrix
24th Dec 2013, 22:20
Part of being a pilot involves working the big holidays. Working today. Went walking in the city center. Found a homeless couple and bought a hotel room for them. Did more for me than them. Merry Christmas to all.

HowlingMad Murdock
24th Dec 2013, 23:15
Thinking of all the pilots and others working over Christmas.
Grand Prix - What a thoughtful, touching gesture.:)

A very Merry Christmas to one and to all!

VeeAny
25th Dec 2013, 09:16
Merry Christmas from the HEMS crew at Coventry, UK.

170'
25th Dec 2013, 09:35
Grand Prix

Very nice gesture!:ok:

fisbangwollop
25th Dec 2013, 13:41
A very merry Christmas from all at Scottish Information......Both helimed 5 and 76 been on the frequency already today :cool:

cloudmac
25th Dec 2013, 20:46
Merry xmas from the EMS crew in Moosonee Canada, Six in a row for me:\

SilsoeSid
26th Dec 2013, 07:10
Happy Boxing Day from NPAS 'somewhere in the middle of England'.

Hope you all had a good day yesterday and all the very best for 2014.
Fly safe and if you're around this way, the kettle is always on :)

Peter-RB
26th Dec 2013, 07:57
To all at Lancs Police out of Warton.

What a bummer to be flying on the 25th, I drank a toast to you lads as you over flew my location on the Rump of Pendle yesterday, and to all others merry Xmas>

PeterR-B
Lancashire with -2 this am;)

Bladestrike
26th Dec 2013, 08:13
SAR standby in an Arco trailer in South East Tanzania, enjoying the family pictures frolicking in the snow back in Canada, trying to find some meat off our Christmas lamb.