PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the Mods

CoffmanStarter
23rd Dec 2013, 07:34
Wholigan, PPRuNe Pop ...

I'm sure there will be other members who will want to join this little post to thank you for keeping the majority of us on the "straight and narrow" this year. A thankless unpaid task which you do in your spare time.

Well done and much appreciated :D:D:D:D

Happy Christmas ...

Coff.

Al R
23rd Dec 2013, 07:46
Chapeau too mods, and wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas.

Wander00
23rd Dec 2013, 08:00
Yes, thanks for all your work, and Joyeaux Fetes to all

Courtney Mil
23rd Dec 2013, 08:45
Coff, what a very kind thought, old chap.

Thanks, Mods, Merry Christmas and keep up the great work.

Wholigan
23rd Dec 2013, 09:01
Thanks folks.

I hope you all have a great Christmas and try to remember as much as possible about the New Year celebrations! ;)

Those of you who are in harm's way, stay safe and enjoy yourself as much as you can.

4Greens
23rd Dec 2013, 09:07
Happy Xmas and a drama free New Year to all the Mods.

Shack37
23rd Dec 2013, 09:46
Wot they all said:D:D

Capetonian
23rd Dec 2013, 09:56
Bah humbug.

Oh, alright then.

+1

cuefaye
23rd Dec 2013, 10:10
Oh go on then, I'll join the rest of the creeps,

Gledelig Jul, Roj http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

NutLoose
23rd Dec 2013, 10:19
I would like to echo Coff's sentiments..... :D:D:D

Btw can either of you help me with my Christmas wish if I get the right half of the wishbone?

A life time ban for Coff and Buster, so I can get a look in at the cap comp :p

goudie
23rd Dec 2013, 10:24
Personal attack NL? You could get banned for that!:=

Dave Wilson
23rd Dec 2013, 10:28
Thank you moderators and a happy festivity to all.

MPN11
23rd Dec 2013, 10:35
I humbly thank the Mods as well - keeping things on the rails at times must be as difficult as Santa getting down my chimney with all my presents.

Have a good one, everybody. :ok:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
23rd Dec 2013, 11:16
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year mods - it may be like herding cats but we are grateful!

keesje
23rd Dec 2013, 11:29
Good point. Dank jullie wel!

cattletruck
23rd Dec 2013, 11:40
Yes, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to the mods and admins, good show. :ok:

superq7
23rd Dec 2013, 11:48
Happy Christmas Wholi, I'm sure it's rainy in Somerset today cuz it's p!ssing down in Bristol.

Wander00
23rd Dec 2013, 11:48
Coff - now see what you started....................

Buster Hyman
23rd Dec 2013, 12:16
I'm sure there will be other members who will want to join this little post to thank you for keeping the majority of us on the "straight and narrow" this year. A thankless unpaid task which you do in your spare time.

http://i.imgur.com/707AGBw.gif

Anyway...Merry Christmas all!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4f69d062f58514fe1e873eb380e2de5b/tumblr_mxrkaeLn921t1c76no2_400.gif

johnfairr
23rd Dec 2013, 13:21
I would like to be associated with the comments of the previous posters. :ok::ok:

54Phan
23rd Dec 2013, 13:29
Yes, a hearty thank you from the Great White North for your hard work, Mods.:ok::D

Rhino power
23rd Dec 2013, 13:33
Whats already been said, +1!

-RP

racedo
23rd Dec 2013, 16:24
Yeah, I agee.

Modding is a thankless task when you get fools posting........... looking in mirror and seeing me.....mmmmmm

Thanks Mods:D:D

smujsmith
23rd Dec 2013, 18:41
I would happily join the previous sentiments and as well as wishing our moderators a great time, I would wish the same to all contributors for the past year. Some great threads, serious discussion, some parts of the world put bang to rights. It's the PPruners who make the forum, and it's been an honour experiencing taking part. Best to all, have a good one and the finest of New Years.

Smudeg:ok:

BEagle
23rd Dec 2013, 19:02
Cheers, team - happy humbugtide or whatever!

Bollotom
23rd Dec 2013, 19:13
Aye. As said, bloody thankless task but carried out with ruthless friendliness and unmitigated attention. Merry Christmas and keep shiny side uppermost. :D:O

Wholigan
23rd Dec 2013, 21:13
Jeez Bollotom, I stopped having a shiny side years ago mate! :E

clicker
23rd Dec 2013, 21:35
As well as the mods thanks to the regular posters for keeping me informed and also at times laughing.

Fair to say that the Cap Comp and Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW11 threads must be two of the longest threads on the site and very little control needed by the hard working mods.

PPRuNe Pop
24th Dec 2013, 07:35
How very nice of you all. I am humbled and very pleased that you have thought of us. Thank you.

Have a very happy Christmas with you and yours and best wishes for a happy New Year. I know our family will.

Like Roj, I would like to add special good wishes for those in harms way. Take care of yourselves - it won't be long now until you are home for good. That makes 2014 tops for starters.

PPP

Evanelpus
24th Dec 2013, 08:58
Mmmmmmmm, Cherry Blossom! lol:ok:

Wholigan
24th Dec 2013, 10:19
Better taste than Germoloids or Preparation H Evanelpus!;)

dragartist
26th Dec 2013, 12:53
I would wish to add my thanks to the moderators. Not been participating all that long but I have found it interesting and entertaining. "Met" some great people. Love the international flavour. How the Interweb has shrunk the world.

Thanx for teaching me to laff again.

Am I allowed to propose some end of year awards?

Best Photo - Some from Chas on the retirement of the K.
Best Technical explanation - Pontious on Atom Bombs
Contribution to Air Safety - Toss off between Tuc and Chug.
Special award to Hanoi Jane for.. well teasing out a lengthy interesting debate without being banned.
Some great models.
And the Cap Comm

We all appear to share the same vision for peace in the world.

Best wishes to all.
Drag

ex-fast-jets
26th Dec 2013, 16:11
Better taste than Germoloids or Preparation HDisappointed - even surprised!! - that you know the better taste!!

You must be getting old quicker than I!!

Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Danny42C
26th Dec 2013, 19:40
And so say all of Us !

Speaking as the self-appointed doyen of all of us who are "Well stricken in years", may I add a particular word of thanks from our merry band on the "Brevet in WWII" Thread.

You take into account that old men ramble, and the older they get, the more they ramble (there being little else they can do !) You have shown us the greatest forebearance us as we wander far off Thread and (hopefully) totter back. Long may it remain so !

For when you think what might have been lost had "regle" (RIP) and others been cut off when their wings were first put up - or when they were "demobbed" - or when they continued in military or civil aviation - to retirement, it is clear that the Thread title must be considered infinitely elastic.

And it has been said by Chugalug (and others), the interest often lies as much (or more) in the "by the ways" and "that reminds mes" than on the main story - to say nothing of the comments and questions which follow.

So, my heartfelt thanks, Gentlemen, and all Good Wishes for an equally long-suffering New Year !

Danny42C.