PDA

View Full Version : Awwwww Moment!

SASless
22nd Dec 2013, 12:53
What a thing....making a young girl cry in front of hundreds of people!

You'll Love This Entire Video, But the Surprise Ending Will Leave You Speechless | Independent Journal Review (http://www.ijreview.com/2013/12/103350-youll-love-entire-video-surprise-ending-will-leave-speechless/)

Courtney Mil
22nd Dec 2013, 13:14
Dreadful. The man's on operations. If he can be spared for a cheep publicity stunt it's just further proof that the Royal Navy is over-manned. The RAF conspiracy to emasculate the RN and FAA is clearly not yet complete.

SASless
22nd Dec 2013, 13:21
Almost like the Army allowing some of the Guard Units to deploy for combat service....things keep getting tight and only the RAF and Marines will deploy.

BEagle
22nd Dec 2013, 15:03
"Waiter, bring me a bucket!"

:rolleyes:

Stendec5
22nd Dec 2013, 15:44
Make that two.

Dundiggin'
22nd Dec 2013, 16:07
Bloody appalling, cheap and nasty stunt. Whomever thought that one up needs to be sacked. We should not lower ourselves to this shabby level, the yanks may be able to live with it but I thought we were better than that. Make that three buckets!! :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

Genstabler
22nd Dec 2013, 16:45
Why did that clip leave me embarrassed and even ashamed?

MightyGem
22nd Dec 2013, 18:28
Flash to bang's a bit slow here guys. This was nearly six weeks ago. I suppose you think that that girl's hubby being flown back from Diego Garcia on the Millies was a waste as well. :hmm:

smujsmith
22nd Dec 2013, 19:40
Perhaps our forbears had it absolutely correct in not wanting to use the "soldier away from home" as a cry for sympathy. I'm sure there are loads of current servicemen who would wince at this, and probably tell all who will listen, it's not a service generated ad. It's surely not ????

Smudge:ok:

NutLoose
22nd Dec 2013, 23:11
Not only that he was on a damn good trip, I'd be gutted to get called back for such sentimental puerile dross.

Dysonsphere
23rd Dec 2013, 01:18
that was total crap

Pure Pursuit
23rd Dec 2013, 01:31
American style :mad: bollocks.

Lets face it, he probably went back to his ship. Emotional roller coaster reset for his daughter.

Utter bollocks.

bosnich71
24th Dec 2013, 00:51
At the end of the day Dad was just on a cruise anyhow so he wouldn't exactly be missed.

Tashengurt
24th Dec 2013, 01:45
How a month changes things. Wasn't this clip met with all the usual "Lots of dust in the air tonight" tosh last time it was posted?

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

Bob Viking
24th Dec 2013, 09:18
It wasn't that bad guys. It obviously meant a lot to the little girl and that's all that should matter. It's not really to my taste but each to their own.
What did warm my cockles though was stopping at a services on the M5 yesterday on the way to visit family and seeing a couple of young RAF guys in uniform who had obviously just arrived home from somewhere sandy. They were carrying their kids around while they stopped on their own journey home and the kids were positively glued to their dads. With three young 'uns of my own I could relate to the situation and thought it was a pretty great time of year for the blokes to return home.
NOW it's getting dusty in here.;)
BV

Guernsey Girl II
24th Dec 2013, 11:01
Bob,
My feelings exactly,just stopping for a quick Abbots during my panic crimbo shopping (the only way to do it)

Was in the Albert Hall to see this and I'm sure it meant the world to this lass to have her dad there to see her perform for all the smulz.

Just reflecting on the train into town that I've been in the sand box for 3 of the last 7 Christmas Eves and I intend to make the most of this festive season with the family.

Best Wishes to all especially those with folk away this time of year.
Another pint and back to the shops

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

(Edited due to messing up the last line of the poem)

SASless
29th Dec 2013, 18:12
The USAF came about in '49.....and thus has habits rather than traditions....but they are working on it!

The organization has a page at FB.....Christmasdrop.

Every Christmas The U.S. Air Force Flies Over a Small Island and Does Something Beautiful (http://viralgo.com/operation-christmas-drop/)