PDA

View Full Version : Good stuff in manston

lotus1
21st Dec 2013, 19:55
I see manston had good stuff in this week two tornados a il76 a an12 some good biz jets seems things are turning good for them

mmitch
21st Dec 2013, 20:25
More importantly KLM are running a twice daily service to their hub at Schipol. Cargolux run regular freight services with 744 and 748 aircraft.
Someone tell Boris there already is an airport with a big runway in Kent.
mmitch.

joy ride
22nd Dec 2013, 07:45
I drove around it last year and it was a ghost town. Good to hear that things are improving. "I want to be king of the world" probably does know about Manston, but prefers grand dream schemes which he can pin his name to!

DaveReidUK
22nd Dec 2013, 08:54
Someone tell Boris there already is an airport with a big runway in Kent.Happily, formulating airport strategy involves a bit more than just flying around SE England looking for existing large strips of concrete.

mmitch
22nd Dec 2013, 10:50
Using Manston doesn't mean shutting down LCY and could take at least most of LHRs freight away. That would leave more slots for passenger traffic.
Manston has a dual carriageway link to A2/M2 and M20 and even the Channel Tunnel.
mmitch.

DaveReidUK
22nd Dec 2013, 11:34
Using Manston doesn't mean shutting down LCY and could take at least most of LHRs freight away.No it couldn't. Almost all the freight that moves through Heathrow is in the belly holds of passenger flights. Only about 1 in every 400 flights at LHR is a freighter.