PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream and Clarity Aloft

MaffiFaloos
20th Dec 2013, 04:47
Anybody have experience with Clarity Aloft headsets? Specifically the feed back/interference problem with the pro model, using the HS in both seats etc etc. They look very appealing for long term wear, any opinions before I make the leap and buy?

PLovett
20th Dec 2013, 22:13
I use the Pro model (unfortunately not in a Gulfstream :{) and find them very good to wear.

Not sure whether they are as effective as an ANR headset but then I doubt that would be a problem in a jet. I don't use a customised ear piece and have never seen one advertised for it by the company but then I have never really looked for something like that.

The ear buds that comes with the set works in the same way as the in-ear hearing defenders. That is, you squash the bud then insert it into your ear canal. It then expands forming a block to extraneous noise.

I have never found them uncomfortable to wear although you do need to either clean or replace the ear buds regularly (the buds screw off the speaker part) as they become stiff with ear wax over time making them harder to fit in your ear canal.

The only complaint (minor) I have had was that the covers over the frame that holds the set onto your ears can slide off easily. When this happened to me the company gave me a new set of covers free of charge. But I now ensure that the covers are properly in place when I put the headset on and check when I remove it as this is when they can slide off.

MaffiFaloos
21st Dec 2013, 12:17
Many thanks guys, opinions noted and appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all and safe flying :ok:

BBjay737
21st Dec 2013, 13:26
I have been using Clarity Aloft for several years, currently in a Global and I love them, plenty quiet, and most importantly, very comfortable. It is the only headset that I can wear for an extended period of time and forget that its there. Great product, great support, highly recommended.