PDA

View Full Version : All Australian aircraft noise certification.

Frank Arouet
19th Dec 2013, 23:41
Aircraft Noise Certification | Airservices (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/services/aircraft-noise-certification/)

Recreational Aviation recently advised an aircraft noise certificate is a requirement for every aircraft in Australia including RA-Aus. In most RA-Aus cases, once an application is completed and a certificate received, the aircraft is provided with an exemption from the requirement.(Either/ or both must be carried on board, I’m unsure). This appears to self cancel the requirement to apply for one in the first place. The process is free, (at this stage), however the noise certificate will not be linked to your registration. (strange and I don't know why).

The application process is difficult to understand and appears, but I'm not sure, to only require a certificate if a modification is done. This includes all GA aircraft even if you simply change a propeller.
It would appear this pertains to ALL/ EVERY aircraft including GA Experimental to Jets, except those involved in aerobatics? Aerial agriculture, balloons, firefighting and, of all things "environmental studies" aircraft.

I wonder how many people this little jerk around employs? I can understand a Turbojet, but a VW or Jabiru would be a known number one would reckon. Lycoming and Continental probably have such an thing in their certification process.

And people wonder why aviation is near dead in Australia.

Jack Ranga
20th Dec 2013, 01:14
You are right of course Frank, yet another peice of bull****, beaurecratic redtape. I do know a bloke in Canberra that issues these. I'll see if I can find out how many are in this department!

VH-XXX
20th Dec 2013, 01:23
the noise certificate will not be linked to your registration

What you write is correct, because AirServices issues these, not CASA :ugh: BS as it's highest.

Good on RA-Aus for bringing it up, but sticking it into the monthly magazine under the Tech? managers report probably isn't the best way to let all members know. Sure, they are supposed to read it, but unless you start googling, you won't know what you are looking for. I'd say most GA Exp would have them as it's a requirement for rego, except perhaps for aircraft that have been sold on from their builder. I only got one for my second hand experimental aircraft because I rememberered getting one when I built my own.

For those wishing to apply, you can do so here. Response time is very quick and you'll be flying legally in no time :ok:

https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/noisecertification/

Cactusjack
20th Dec 2013, 01:55
Frank, same apply for my R44? What about drones? Or JMac's Yak??
More red tape, more money that will eventually be milked from our pockets, more pony pooh.

Frank Arouet
20th Dec 2013, 02:28
It appears Yak's are exempt.

I've got a tractor that makes more noise than my homebuilt.

Has anybody been woken by the noise of a liquid Propane burner on a balloon just before dawn. BTW Propane boils at the same temperature both C and F. How's that, I hear you ask?

Back on topic, can anybody tell me any other laws I'm breaking before I get caught? (Faaaaarrrkkk).

Or sell me a crystal ball.

27/09
20th Dec 2013, 02:42
What a lot of C.R.A.P.

How/Who will police this? How does a private owner get on? I know of one or two who go across to Oz each year from here. I can't see them bothering with this rigamarole.

gassed budgie
20th Dec 2013, 04:22
What a meaningless piece of drivel this is. I won't be rushing out to complete the form and send it away any time soon.
Might have to leave the 210 in the hangar though, on those cool sunny Sunday mornings that we get here. Not.

bankrunner
20th Dec 2013, 05:53
A WOFTAM if I ever saw one.

My neighbour's old Falcon makes more noise than just about any RAAus aircraft that's not radial powered.

criticalmass
20th Dec 2013, 20:07
Bet the gliding guys are rolling on the floor laughing at this one! I had a look at the online form...the GFA guys will be leaving a lot of blank boxes! :hmm:

Cactusjack
21st Dec 2013, 20:21
Been watching the cricket lately boys? Channel 9 also use a drone on occasions for the overhead shots (different to the spider cam they use). Perhaps drones will also be included in the anti noise CAsA crusade :E

Frank Arouet
22nd Dec 2013, 00:15
Does this need two exemptions from the exemptions being a glider and aerobatic.

Jet Sailplane Airshow Flight - YouTube (http://youtu.be/R9bzQQl8Y_w)

T28D
22nd Dec 2013, 11:06
I certify my aircraft makes noise !!!!!!!!!!!!! Round engines rock.