PDA

View Full Version : Royal Air Force Careeers sponsors 'World's Strongest Man 2013'

Breakwind
17th Dec 2013, 18:46
I see that the current series of 'World's Strongest Man' on Channel 5 is 'sponsored by Royal Air Force Careers'. One of the sponsorship ads in the commercial breaks shows an RAF nurse filling a syringe, with taxiing Typhoon aircraft in the background. Hope it's not steroids.
Seriously, though, why is the recruitment organisation associating itself with an activity renowned for substance misuse?

Onceapilot
17th Dec 2013, 19:19
Because the Armed Forces are going down the tubes...led by UK.Gov:uhoh:

OAP

Doobry Firkin
18th Dec 2013, 11:01
I think that what you'll find is 'RAF Careers' sponsors a time slot, not the programme.

If they wanted they put out a programme called 'The History of the Royal Navy'... sponsored by RAF Careers (unless they tied up the contract so they couldn't do things like that, I doubt it as this is the MOB and we know their record on contracts). :}

Rigga
18th Dec 2013, 11:31
Possibly because the out-sourced recruitment advertising company Reps go to the same Gym and possibly misuse the same substances - so don't see the issue you're making?

Just a rediculous theory - honest. (I should really pack up my caffiene intake)

NutLoose
18th Dec 2013, 11:34
One of the sponsorship ads in the commercial breaks shows an RAF nurse filling a syringe, with taxiing Typhoon aircraft in the background. Hope it's not steroids.
Seriously, though, why is the recruitment organisation associating itself with an activity renowned for substance misuse

So what does the Tiffy made up of tools tell you, it's a flying FOD hazard or a bag of Spanners?

:E

Stuff
18th Dec 2013, 11:55
Breakwind - five and a half years from joining to first post. Epic lurking Sir, I salute you!

Dave Wilson
18th Dec 2013, 12:45
Lurking. You've reminded me of Uckers now.

CoffmanStarter
18th Dec 2013, 13:22
We've looked at other examples of RAF "sponsorship" here :ok:

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/502150-raf-careers-tv-programme-sponsorship.html

clicker
18th Dec 2013, 14:21
I'm assuming the RAF is short of tugs for the transport fleet so they want to recruit the labour to do it.

bobward
19th Dec 2013, 07:54
This is (for once) a cunning plan from within MoD.....

Think of all the money one might save on aircraft tugs if you use the first three in the contest.....:E:E