PDA

View Full Version : Integrated ATPL Training

Aviator_89
16th Dec 2013, 17:04
Hello every one,

I really in need of a professional experienced person who can advice me.

I'm interested in CAE Oxford Aviation Academy Integrated ATPL Training , I know it's expensive and there's a possibility of doing it in a lower rates or different way like modular programs,but in Integrated ATPL Training there's a chance to save time.

I appreciate your consideration to my personal summary as mentioned below:

-Nationality: Jordanian
-Date of birth: 06/1989
-Current base location: United Arab Emirates

- Education

1)Completed Secondary School education. ( in 2007)

2)Graduated with Higher National Diploma in Electronic Engineering And Computing from Emirates Aviation College in United Arab Emirates.(in 2009)

3) Graduated with Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Avionics Maintenance Technology from Coventry University located in UK.( in 2010)

4) Graduated with Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Aviation Management from Coventry University located in UK.( in 2012)

5) Currently enrolled in CAR66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence (CAR 66 - AML ) AVIONICS Maintenance Certifying Engineer ( Category B2 ) from General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA ) ,Expected completion January 2014 .

-Experience

-Joined Emirates Airlines - Engineering - in 2010.

Aviation is my life and I always appreciate work and knowledge , however repeatedly i have that passion to be a pilot . Any it's annoying me not to be.

Would you risk it if you was in my situation?what would you advice me to do as a experienced person?

Looking forward to hear from you .your quick response is highly appreciated .

jamesleaman
16th Dec 2013, 23:54
Hey Aviator_89,

Whether you have a Degree or just GCSE's, It's always a risk investing in Pilot Training.

No one knows what the industry will be doing in 2-3 years time? However, from a personal point of view, follow your passion. If you can afford to put that sort of money into your career, do it. I certainly have and i'm keeping a positive frame of mind.

There is a vast amount of topics in this forums voicing the opinions of pilots and aspiring pilots; i suggest you give them a read and make up your mind from there. From your post i can only assume you have a good career set up in engineering and therefore I would suggest maybe modular is the better option?

Regards

AvEnthusiast
17th Dec 2013, 03:53
G'day Aviator89,

If it's for the salary or glamour don't do it! as those things do not exist in this profession nowadays or anymore.

If it's really passion as you have stated, then go for it. Follow your dreams.

If you really hold the education level you have laid down below (I had some speculation that you just finished Diploma in Elec. Engineering in Emirates Aviation College in 2009 and you have BEng in 2010 from UK, unless it was some sort of transfer of credit and 3 year program, then seems impractical, and then you said you joined Emirates in 2010 while you have your Master Degree in 2012, either allowed by Emirates or you did all this at the same time online; anyway none of my business) all I wanted to say is that:

if you really hold this qualification and currently working with Emirates, then I would suggest you carry on for some time in this field, you will make money for your training, experience and it will make you further a good pilot.

Genghis the Engineer
17th Dec 2013, 07:52
That's an impressive CV - a lot of the question is what do you want to do with it?

If it's airline senior management, then getting sidetracked by a flying job won't necessarily do you any favours. You have a CV that is certainly suitable to that without.

If you are fascinated by flying, then the obvious question is - how much flying have you actually done. Even if you are one of those lucky individuals who can afford to do integrated from family money, in my opinion (and yes, I've said this quite a few times on PPrune) you still don't know:-

- If you have an aptitude for flying?
- If you enjoy flying?

(You clearly have study skills, so there's no point in asking that question).

In my opinion what you should do first is a PPL. IIRC, that's not really possible in Dubai, but it's no big deal to go and do a PPL somewhere with good flying weather and a healthy flying culture - say an FAA PPL somewhere like Arizona or California.

Before you do any of the above, get a class 1 initial medical done, so that you know also whether you can pass that, since it is a show stopper if you can't.

When you have the PPL and class 1, you'll know the answer to all three of the important questions: aptitude / enjoyment / medical - and then is the time to ask yourself about integrated again.

Incidentally the pilot qualification can be very useful in an aviation manager even if you're not flying for a living, so I'd not discount it for that also - but studying flying is totally different to studying anything else, and also if you don't enjoy flying, there really is no point.

G