PDA

View Full Version : Galley Equipment/Standard or "Added Extra"?

Tray Surfer
15th Dec 2013, 16:44
Hello All,

Again, one of my basic, but curious and useful questions for my own development, and I hope you all don't mind me asking.

I am trying to build a picture of what sort of standard, and additional, equipment types, be they insert or loose loaded, jets tend to carry.
I appreciate and realise that some things will be exceptionally owner specific, but in more general terms, what different types of jet carry.

So, I wonder if some would be so kind as to tell me what type you operate on, and what equipment your galley has? Ovens, microwaves, beverage maker (including type, i.e. regular airline style "pot" machine and or Nespresso or similar...), chillers (small, medium, large...) etc...

Again, I know this is pretty basic stuff for some, but for someone with limited access to aircraft, having only been on a CL604 on a few occasion, I just want to build up better knowledge of different types and their ability to cater for the cabin.

Safe flying,

TS
:)

LGW Vulture
15th Dec 2013, 17:59
If you take a look at Aircraft For Sale at Controller.com: Used aircraft, airplanes for sale, aircraft parts, helicopter for sale, planes for sale, jets for sale, Piper, Cessna, Bell, Robinson, and more. (http://www.controller.com) and search down the jet listings, then most specifications of aircraft for sale have that very information given under the Interior section.

3 Point
15th Dec 2013, 19:38
You could also look at the manufacturer's web sites (Bombardier, Embraer, Gulfstream, Dassault etc). Most of them have detailed specification sheets for all their types including floor plans and lists of Galley equipment.

It is not unusual by any means to have owners specify bespoke layouts but almost all mid size and larger bizjets will have an oven and microwave, either cool drawer of fridge (some have both) most will have esspresso machines or filter coffee brewers. There's a wide variety of options.

Have fun browsing!!

3 Point

Tray Surfer
15th Dec 2013, 20:21
Thanks LGW Vulture... That just lost me several hours browsing! :)

Probably seems quite insignificant to some, but I think it would be important stuff to know if you were to turn up at an aircraft you have never worked on before, what is available for use.

Thanks for the link again.

Tray Surfer
15th Dec 2013, 20:23
Thank you 3 Point, kind of you to reply.

I have had a look at the manufacturers websites, but have found the one posted further up thread to have more detail than them. They do indeed have good floor plans, but I find specifics, probably because there are so many options, a little limited.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

FrankR
15th Dec 2013, 21:50
I think that most large biz jets have about the same amount and type of installed options, as the others have said.

The big issue for cabin crew is how to turn them on/off and how to use it, as the power switches, control panels, circuit breakers and other controls can mystify the most experienced, and are manufacturer specific.

FR

ksjc
15th Dec 2013, 23:01
Some newer aircraft, such as the Global, have integrated cabin systems controlled by a not very intuitive galley touch screen. Would require some amount of pre-flight training for a first-timer.

galaxy flyer
16th Dec 2013, 00:22
ksjc,

Not to mention some exploration of the black arts of voodoo, ability to second guess software and willingness to be embarrassed by mechanical obstinance.

GF

Tray Surfer
16th Dec 2013, 12:31
Yes... Touch screen controls for the galley equipment...

The 787 has all of this, and it is pretty much a never ending list of menu options to get something to do something or change a setting on something.

I have seen some stuff about the integrated cabin and galley management systems through touch screen control. Will be interesting to see some of that in action, with the alternate controls at the principals seat etc...

mutt
16th Dec 2013, 13:06
with the alternate controls at the principals seat etc... The Gulfstream 650 has an internal WIFI system where the principal can use an IPAD to control the interior lighting, entertainment systems etc.

Tray Surfer
16th Dec 2013, 13:24
Yes. I was looking at that too... I was tempted to download the free App, but then realised it would be pretty useless without a G650 to go with it, which did not come free with the download... So did not bother... ;)

Aircraft interiors are a fascinating subject. I can't wait to see more stuff in GVA in May.

mutt
16th Dec 2013, 16:47
I can't wait to see more stuff in GVA in May. Do you have a plan for getting into these aircraft? From my experience, the companies generally don't allow people inside without an invitation.

Tray Surfer
16th Dec 2013, 16:53
Indeed... Having made some "connections" with some lovely people at Bombardier and Gulfstream, I think I will certainly have an invitation, of sorts, to come and see their static aircraft at EBACE.

Falcon is a tougher nut to crack and of course others will be there at the behest of the operator more than the manufacturer so can't do much about those. I would like to see what Airbus are doing on their CJs and know someone at TLS on their commercial side, so may ask them to have a word in someones shell-like before May.

con-pilot
16th Dec 2013, 17:57
to come and see their static aircraft at EBACE.

There you have answered your own question.

Buy, beg or borrow a pass to the EBACE this year. Then go the the booths of every company that make cabin/galley equiptment and ask how their products work and interface with the aircraft.

Now trust me on this, if you do this, you will be bored to tears by all the information they will happily give you and recieve an excellent education on the subjects that you desire more information.

And go to the parties, great fun.

Tray Surfer
16th Dec 2013, 20:30
Thanks for the reply...

At the end of the day, that is what EBACE is for... So I will try to take full advantage of it.

500 above
16th Dec 2013, 21:35
The Gulfstream 650 has an internal WIFI system where the principal can use an IPAD to control the interior lighting, entertainment systems etc.

As does the G280.

galaxy flyer
17th Dec 2013, 00:10
As does the Global and, soon, the CL350. Yes, EBACE maybe the biggest party in GVA, a city not noted for loud frivolity.

GF

FrankR
17th Dec 2013, 03:26
EBACE?? Yawn...

EBASE is a long way from NBAA. it's a minuet.. slow, boring, small, stilted, and stuffy...

With the withdrawl of safety standown, it is not worth mentioning, let alone attending, and a huge bore save for being in Geneva (yes, eminently better than MCO or LAS)...

The crass opulence of America in October trumps this May snooze fest every year.... By miles or KM, it's unanimous!!

FR

fatmanmedia
17th Dec 2013, 03:37
the only thing that i don't like about EBACE is the lack of booth babes, they should take a leaf out of E3, there is a industry exhibition.

Fats

Tray Surfer
17th Dec 2013, 08:29
What can I say? I am building up to booth babes and, erm, Americanism...

I was invited to NBA at LAS, but was unable to make it, so EBACE in GVA will be the first big industry show I will be able to make. Sorry it is not "trendy" enough for some, but will be a good start for myself.. ;)

Thanks for the replies.

TS
:)