PDA

View Full Version : BAE systems and Tiger Airways

Pterois Volitans
13th Dec 2013, 05:36
Hi All,
Just after some advice/details/info on the engineering positions offered by BAE systems to maintain Tiger Airways aircraft.
They are currently recruiting at a number of bases and I am wondering if it is worth applying??

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
PV

Howard Hughes
13th Dec 2013, 05:50
It's always worth applying, that way you can get all the information you need, if they offer it to you, you don't have to take it! ;)

Pterois Volitans
28th Dec 2013, 05:49
Anyone got any info or applied??? Certainly nothing been heard so far, does BAE have a start date to take over the contract?

wheels_down
29th Dec 2013, 03:29
Saw some of the Tiger airbus parked at BAE last month so I would imagine its already started.

emergency000
29th Dec 2013, 08:35
BAE have had a contract with Tiger since early November to conduct base checks and took over all line maintenance from AMSA on December 2. As HH said, it's always worth applying. If you're not licensed on 320 and are taken on as an AME, you'll be on permanent night shift. If you're a LAME, I guess it'll be a mix of days and nights, but I think they only have a single LAME on during the day, in case of a fault. Otherwise, it's overnight servicing.
That's all I know/have heard.

Cheers,
John